Windows 10: Make your own security key with Google's OpenSK

Discus and support Make your own security key with Google's OpenSK in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has open-sourced OpenSK, firmware that, combined with an affordable chip dongle, allows you to make your own security key to use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Make your own security key with Google's OpenSK

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Your Android phone can now be a security key

Source: The ultimate account security is now in your pocket

Tenforo, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Make your own security key with Google's OpenSK - Similar Threads - own security key

2. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  3. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  4. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to make your own Local Experience Packs in Windows 11?

How to make your own Local Experience Packs in Windows 11?: Back when I was still using Windows XP, I often found people making their own version of LEP. This is very useful because at that time Windows did not provide LEP for regional languages in Indonesia. Today, Windows 11 still does not provide LEP for regional languages in...
  6. Looking for software to make your own card draws online

Looking for software to make your own card draws online: Hello, I have a friend who sets up his website (he is not a web developer), and who is looking for software (or a piece of software) to offer visitors to his website online card draws - like a draw. tarot. The Internet user would therefore connect to my friend's site, and...
  7. Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure

in Windows 10 News
    Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure: [ATTACH] Every day 4 million Chrome extensions are downloaded, and with more than 250,000 extensions and themes available on the Chrome Web Store, no two Chrome browsers are alike. From productivity and learning tools to entertainment and shopping, extensions on Chrome open...
  8. How to make your windows 10 retail key super secure?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to make your windows 10 retail key super secure?: First of all, I'm afraid that a friend of mine knows my windows 10 retail key and he might use it without telling me. 1 is it possible that same retail key could be used in two desktops simultaneously? 2If he tries to use my key, will microsoft send me an email to alert...
  9. Windows security Making sure its you please sign into "website" Insert your security key in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security Making sure its you please sign into "website" Insert your security key in...: I don't have a security key, I have never seen this error before. I get this error after a recent windows update. I have no clue how to fix this. [ATTACH]...
  10. Make your own security key with Google OpenSK

in Windows 10 News
    Make your own security key with Google OpenSK: Google has open-sourced OpenSK, firmware that, combined with an affordable chip dongle, allows you to make your own security key to use for authentication purposes. Make your own security key with Google's OpenSK - Help Net Security 149742