Windows 10: Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

Discus and support Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying use this guide, but it just opens My Documents folder or the open with prompt. Is there a version for Windows 10? I need it because I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by possom2009, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

I'm trying use this guide, but it just opens My Documents folder or the open with prompt. Is there a version for Windows 10? I need it because I have the missing app icons bug and none of the fixes worked for me. The only time I can get into the mail app is when I get an alert in action center.

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...ndows-8-a.html

:)

possom2009, Nov 10, 2017

2. Mail App

Hey the shortcut keys to mail app doesn't seems to be working, how does one select all the mails in the mail app? Is this the beta version of the windows 10 or finalized?

A.Basit Tunio, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Configuring Windows 10 Mail App with Keybaord key

I tried what you said. I dragged the Mail App from the Start Menu to the Desktop. I also doubled clicked the shortcut on the desktop to make sure it worked. It did. I then opened the Mouse and Keyboard Center. Selected the Mail Hot Key and then selected
    Browse. Browsed to the desktop, selected the Mail Shortcut and then selected Open. At that point I got a Alert Popup:

Mail

Catastrophic failure

MikeTerrien, Nov 10, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

Go to Start/All Apps, click on the Mail icon, that should load Mail. If so then Right click the Mail icon that is now on the Taskbar and choose Pin to Taskbar.
    If the Mail app is not working then press Win key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing any system files.

spunk, Nov 10, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Did you use the entire code?

explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail

Edwin, Nov 10, 2017
  6. I need it because I have the missing app icons bug from the fall creators update.

possom2009, Nov 10, 2017
  7. Yes, it just opens the My Documents folder.

possom2009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

1. Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Makeing shortcut Mail

2. Scrolling doesn't work on few Windows Apps (Settings, Mail) but works on other Apps...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling doesn't work on few Windows Apps (Settings, Mail) but works on other Apps...: Ok, this happened after I updated to 1903. Before the update, the scrolling worked perfectly fine. It did happen a few times before too. But the main question is, how can I resolve this issue? Is there some a registry settings that can solve this?...
  3. Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Guide: How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps: This article shows you how to put a shortcut to your favorite app on the desktop. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end....
  4. Mail app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not working: On adding accounts to windows mail app. The app is crashing and shutting down or showing error 0x80004005 Details After the cumulative update of windows 10 version 1803 (KB4343909), my windows mail app stopped syncing. I tried terminating and removing accounts from the...
  5. Mail app doesn't print

Mail app doesn't print: The dialogue comes up and can change options etc, but once I click print it goes away and nothing happens. Printing from Edge works fine. Not that I really expect an actual answer to this because apparently this has been going on for literally years with nothing but the usual...
  6. mail app doesn't access contacts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app doesn't access contacts: Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc. If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/...
  7. watchespn app doesn't work

watchespn app doesn't work: I am running windows 10 pro and installed watchespn app. It loads but no matter what I click on I get video fails to load. Any help on what to do ? Thanks 31921
  8. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  9. Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop: I've made a Batch script that allows me to quickly type in what program I want to launch, and have it assigned to Ctrl+Shift+C. It is placed in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. The shortcut key works when applications are opened and everything, except for...
  10. Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work: According to the shortcut keys list, Winkey+V can Cycle through notifications. There is a lot of notifications in my action center, but there is no reaction after press Winkey+V on desktop or Winkey+A first then Winkey+V. I have no idea how this shortcut key works. 26285