Windows 10: Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

Discus and support Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying use this guide, but it just opens My Documents folder or the open with prompt. Is there a version for Windows 10? I need it because I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by possom2009, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

I'm trying use this guide, but it just opens My Documents folder or the open with prompt. Is there a version for Windows 10? I need it because I have the missing app icons bug and none of the fixes worked for me. The only time I can get into the mail app is when I get an alert in action center.

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...ndows-8-a.html

:)

possom2009, Nov 10, 2017

2. Mail App

Hey the shortcut keys to mail app doesn't seems to be working, how does one select all the mails in the mail app? Is this the beta version of the windows 10 or finalized?

A.Basit Tunio, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Configuring Windows 10 Mail App with Keybaord key

I tried what you said. I dragged the Mail App from the Start Menu to the Desktop. I also doubled clicked the shortcut on the desktop to make sure it worked. It did. I then opened the Mouse and Keyboard Center. Selected the Mail Hot Key and then selected
    Browse. Browsed to the desktop, selected the Mail Shortcut and then selected Open. At that point I got a Alert Popup:

Mail

Catastrophic failure

MikeTerrien, Nov 10, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

Go to Start/All Apps, click on the Mail icon, that should load Mail. If so then Right click the Mail icon that is now on the Taskbar and choose Pin to Taskbar.
    If the Mail app is not working then press Win key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing any system files.

spunk, Nov 10, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Did you use the entire code?

explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail

Edwin, Nov 10, 2017
  6. I need it because I have the missing app icons bug from the fall creators update.

possom2009, Nov 10, 2017
  7. Yes, it just opens the My Documents folder.

possom2009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

1. Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Makeing shortcut Mail

2. Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.: Hi, recently I updated my Omen 15 2020 to the newer Windows 11 Ver.21H2 and because of that all of my keyboard shortcut now inaccessible, I can't use any shortcut like "Win+R", "Win+E", "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" even copy and paste doesn't work too. Oh yeah also the Windows button is...
  3. Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work.: Hi, recently I updated my Omen 15 2020 to the newer Windows 11 Ver.21H2 and because of that all of my keyboard shortcut now inaccessible, I can't use any shortcut like "Win+R", "Win+E", "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" even copy and paste doesn't work too. Oh yeah also the Windows button is...
  4. Mail app doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  5. Guide button doesn't work on any controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guide button doesn't work on any controller: I have a third party Steelseries controller as well as a Dualshock 4 that I use with Steam to play games. The guide buttons do not work on either of them. I have the XBOX Game Bar app set to open when I press the guide button, but nothing happens when I press it with the...
  6. Mail App doesn't connect!

Mail App doesn't connect!: My Mail app cant connect to any service. When I open it, I try to add an Email account but when I click on the google or any other service providers it says it cant connect to the service right now and then it shows me an internet connection errordespite I have internet. I...
  7. Mail app doesn't log in.

Mail app doesn't log in.: I have tried many times, but my mail app doesn't log in to my 2 email ID. Both of them are Gmail ID's and I have enabled IMAP in both of them. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-doesnt-log-in/a0ede85b-5d57-4963-b150-c1c77e63be7d
  8. How can i make shortcut for Mail

How can i make shortcut for Mail: How can i make shortcut for Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-shortcut-for-mail/b2759a70-71d4-43d4-b871-a774f849059a
  9. Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app

Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app: Hi, I have this problem in my new and old one laptop. On the beginning, I would like to say, that I've did a clean install of Windows 10 on my new laptop. So, when I do a right click on any app (system - like windows file explorer; or apps like Mozzila Firefox), the...
  10. Mail app doesn't print

Mail app doesn't print: The dialogue comes up and can change options etc, but once I click print it goes away and nothing happens. Printing from Edge works fine. Not that I really expect an actual answer to this because apparently this has been going on for literally years with nothing but the usual...