Windows 10: Making a backup of two hard drives?

Discus and support Making a backup of two hard drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dedq, Nov 16, 2019.

1. dedq Win User

Making a backup of two hard drives?

Hey guys,

I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well).
    One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only.
    Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external drive equaling 1tb.
    Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Making a backup of two hard drives?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Making a backup of two hard drives?

1. Making a backup of two hard drives? - Similar Threads - Making backup hard

2. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  3. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  4. Backup of files on hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup of files on hard drives: Hello, I wish to know how to setup an incremental backup so it backs up only recently modified files on hard drives. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-of-files-on-hard-drives/6d3fbdac-3730-4c48-ae1e-29579484aa8a
  5. two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives: 1 ssd with windows 10 os. 1 ssd with windows 7os. When windows 10 updates and restarts it corrupts the boot configuration for these drives to the extent that windows 10 will not boot and the repair disk can not fix it. I have had to reinstall windows twice now is there a...
  6. Hard drive crash with no backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive crash with no backup: Hard drive crash on PC with no backup. Do I need to buy a new license key for Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash-with-no-backup/a8309843-ad58-4a8a-8580-9641a8fe07fa
  7. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  8. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  9. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  10. Two system drives (when making a backup)?

Two system drives (when making a backup)?: When making a backup Win 10 insists that my D: 'games only' drive is a system drive too? and wants to back it up. I never have had any Op-sys installed on it, what are the easiest way to find out if it have any system related stuff added on it, and if it have none, then how...