Windows 10: Making a Clean Install of Windows 10 with a Windows 7 previously upgraded to Windows 10...

Discus and support Making a Clean Install of Windows 10 with a Windows 7 previously upgraded to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Allow me to explain the long title. My desktop computer's motherboard died on me 2 days ago - it had Windows 10 installed which was an upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PMFR, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PMFR Win User

Making a Clean Install of Windows 10 with a Windows 7 previously upgraded to Windows 10...

Hi.

Allow me to explain the long title.

My desktop computer's motherboard died on me 2 days ago - it had Windows 10 installed which was an upgrade from an old Windows 7.

So, now I'm assembling a new computer from scratch (components chosen by me) and I need to transfer the old license - Windows 7 - to it.

Question: do I have to install Windows 7 again, upgrade it to Windows 10 and do all the upgrades since then?

Thank you.

PR

:)

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 11, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Making a Clean Install of Windows 10 with a Windows 7 previously upgraded to Windows 10...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Making a Clean Install of Windows 10 with a Windows 7 previously upgraded to Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Making Clean Install

2. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  4. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clean install Windows 10 with license from Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade?: I have a PC that was previously running Windows 7 Enterprise, and a few years ago it was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise using the free upgrade program. Is there a way to do a clean install on this machine without having the Windows 10 Enterprise KMS or MAK key? I no longer...
  6. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10: My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with the media creation tool but it was done on my old pc and I selected to upgrade for another pc / ISO creation rather than...
  7. no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install windows 10..just upgrade from windows 7! help!: ..now if I don't do a fresh install what do u suggest I do to get rid of the excess baggage and to make my pc as fresh as possible..how do I know which stuff to delete? And what can I do to improve the performance and optimize my pc to be more efficient? And is it a problem...
  8. Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 10 then clean install dual boot

Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 10 then clean install dual boot: OK, I have Windows 7 OEM Version and want to upgrade to Windows 10 After I get Windows 10 Activated through the upgrade can I... Clean install Windows 7 (with Original 7 key) and clean install Windows 10 (should automatically activate) to have a dual boot? Or is Microsoft...
  9. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  10. Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade

Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade: My brother has an older Dell Latitude E6400 laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. It had not been upgraded to Windows 10. He bought a new SSD drive for the laptop. I thought I would try an experiment and see if a clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive would...