Windows 10: Making a copy for factory recovery partition

Discus and support Making a copy for factory recovery partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys! I have a laptop that has a factory recovery partition. I want to have that partition safe, I am planning to do a fresh start. Could you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Achillias-7, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Making a copy for factory recovery partition

Hello guys!

I have a laptop that has a factory recovery partition.

I want to have that partition safe, I am planning to do a fresh start. Could you let me know if there's an easy way to do clone / backup that recovery option to a usb stick, I do not want to lose the option of a factory reset.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Achillias-7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Achillias-7, Aug 29, 2020
  2. trickson Win User

Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Making a copy for factory recovery partition

Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

oh so if i install windows using xp at retail... and delete current partition.... the factory recovery disc will be obsolete and no use?

confirmation.

HiddenStupid, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Making a copy for factory recovery partition

1. Making a copy for factory recovery partition - Similar Threads - Making copy factory

2. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?: I have a problem with a windows update KB5028997so I have searched it an follow the introduction from the...
  3. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?: I have a problem with a windows update KB5028997so I have searched it an follow the introduction from the...
  4. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?: I did a fresh install of Windows on a a friends HP computer that already had an OEM copy of Windows. During setup, the digital license from the OEM Windows was automatically applied to the machine and activated without any problems. I would like create a bootable recovery...
  6. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  7. How to copy my System Image to a recovery partition

How to copy my System Image to a recovery partition: Hi, My system OS disk is 256 Gb SSD partionned as follow: 260 Mb Healthy EFI System Partion; 118 Gb NTFS Healthy Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition; 1000Mb Healthy Revovery Partition Is it possible to copy/move my System Image to this Recovery Partition....
  8. Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.

Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.: How do I make a complete copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition to DVD for recovery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-the-windows-10-recovery-partition/b50f08ab-faa0-4f77-817e-ad1c95a8f40e
  9. Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition: How to: Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition [img] Information Most computers today with OEM pre-installed Windows come with a so called Factory recovery partition. This partition allows users to restore Windows 10 to it's original state, as it was when...
  10. Making a Recovery Partition?

Making a Recovery Partition?: Recovery Partition... The thread above reminded me... My laptop has a partition with Windows 7 on it for recovery purposes. It was a long time ago, but I think I created it from an ISO. I can't even remember how it should be used! Is it possible to create the same in...