Windows 10: making a custom keyboard

Discus and support making a custom keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dawuda_sen, Nov 4, 2019.

1. making a custom keyboard

Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any ideas on how to do that?

I tried downloading the Keyboard layout creater, but they said I needed to download .NET framework first, which I did, but it still didn't work.

Thanks

:)

Dawuda_sen, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    keyboard

Hi ronks,

Windows 10 tablets has a feature to enable and disable the on screen keyboard. We suggest that you disable the on-screen keyboard through the control panel by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Control Panel and select the top most result.
    • Type ease of access center in the control panel and open it.
    • Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard".
    • Make sure that the "Use on-screen keyboard" is unchecked.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Dinasis Win User

making a custom keyboard

How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

making a custom keyboard

1. making a custom keyboard - Similar Threads - making custom keyboard

2. Custom keyboard text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard text: For those of you who are familiar with Minecraft, you should know what I am referring to here. Anyways, I would like to try and make my keyboard to where whatever I type, it is in the Standard Galactic Alphabet. I can try and make it a keyboard font if it isn't currently...
  3. Delete a custom keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a custom keyboard?: Hello,This "new" keyboard layout has appeared out of the blue ?! in my pc. It's impossible to remove it from the windows settings as is seen with the photo. I tried the registry edit solution, but after deleting the respective register and restarting, it is still there. What...
  4. Delete a custom keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a custom keyboard?: Hello,This "new" keyboard layout has appeared out of the blue ?! in my pc. It's impossible to remove it from the windows settings as is seen with the photo. I tried the registry edit solution, but after deleting the respective register and restarting, it is still there. What...
  5. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  6. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  7. making a custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    making a custom keyboard: Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any ideas on how to do that? I tried downloading the Keyboard layout creater, but they said I needed to download .NET framework...
  8. custom keyboard problems

custom keyboard problems: Hello. I use a customized dvorak style keyboard layout on my surface pro 3, and I have been having some odd problems with windows 10. specifically, on my custom keyboard I assigned numbers to altgr spots to make it like I have a numpad so I don't have to use the upper row to...
  9. Is there a way to customize keyboards?

Is there a way to customize keyboards?: I would like to customize the keyboard so that one of the function keys makes a degree º symbol. Is there a way to do this? 73376
  10. Customize On-Screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize On-Screen Keyboard: When I open the on screen keyboard on my Asus VivoTab 8 with my stylus it opens the "writing box" rather than the actual keyboard. Obviously this writing box isn't very useful because it's inaccurate and you can't really write more than one word at a time. My question is, how...