Windows 10: Making a disk image in Windows 10

Discus and support Making a disk image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to make a disk image of my Windows 10 drive so that if I decided to downgrade to Windows 10 Home I'll some of my data saved. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sparker781, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Making a disk image in Windows 10

I want to make a disk image of my Windows 10 drive so that if I decided to downgrade to Windows 10 Home I'll some of my data saved. Is this theoretically possible?

:)

sparker781, Jan 13, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

making a disk image windows 10

1- The game developer knows which files contain game data and if it's possible to backup game data separately from the game.

2- I don't use Windows' own system image utility.

3- ?

4- There's no point to making an image of a computer that crashes frequently. Fix the crashing first.

5- ?

6- A disk image is a single file. You can store it in a folder like any other file.

BulldogXX, Jan 13, 2016
  3. making a disk image windows 10

go here
    http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
    and download this free software, it will make a system image of your pc, simple to use and free. I used it to make a image of my windows 7 os before I upgraded to windows 10, and I just restored windows 7 just as
    it was ,with all my apps, and all the updates and all, it makes a complete disk image , without a hitch, it worked fine. when you fist run the program it will ask to make a repair cd, DO IT, you can use a simple cd for it. if you need to restore your pc, just
    boot from that cd and the program will walk you thru the steps. I had my recovery image on my hd, you might want to put in on an external drive or a flash drive.

skyrover1961, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Making a disk image in Windows 10

Sure, it is absolutely possible. Macrium Reflect Free should be able to do what you want.

Macrium Reflect Free

DeaconFrost, Jan 13, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Sure - go to settings, update and security, backup, Go to "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)", and from next screen, click on 'create system image'. You will also need to create a "system repair disk".

Many regulars here recommend using quality 3rd party apps such as Macrium Reflect Free (I only use that), as they are very reliable and versatile. However, the windows system is ok for basic imaging.

cereberus, Jan 13, 2016
  6. John035 Win User
    When you've gotten downgrade like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and backup program. You can set it up to do everything auto at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives about $50 and free backup program is the EaseUS Todo Backup Free. That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

John035, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Making a disk image in Windows 10

1. Making a disk image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Making disk image

2. Trouble making a system image Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble making a system image Windows 10: I am trying to backup my computer using a Samsung Portable SSD T5 HD. The computer will not let me make a system image stating the following; "The drive cannot be used to store a system image because it is not formatted with NTFS". I was planning to use this device to use...
  3. make system image for Windows 10

make system image for Windows 10: I have been trying to make system image for Windows 10 Home for nearly a year now. Every time I have tried it says I can not make one in that location. I have tried using a network, USB, external hard drive, and SD card. My pc does not have a cd player/burner....
  4. ISO Windows 10 Disk Image

ISO Windows 10 Disk Image: Hi. I'm running a Mac and want to use Boot Camp to run Windows 10. iMac 2019, Mac OS 10.14.6. I follow the directions to the "Download Windows 10 Disk Image" page, plug in Windows 10, English, 64-bit, hit Download, and a file shows up in my Downloads folder that has the...
  5. Making Windows 10 custom installation image

Making Windows 10 custom installation image: Hi All, I Was wondering if anyone can help and put me in the right direction with an easy to follow tutorial/video. I want to create a custom image which I can put on a USB drive that I simply run and leave to connects to the wifi, domain and things similar. I would...
  6. Cannot make the disk to image work

Cannot make the disk to image work: Hi, I want to make a Win10 1903 image from my computer, I first try to reinstall my computer with my Win1803 image and then it is success. Then I update my OS to 1903 and ready to do the encapsulation: Win + R> sysprep> Double click the sysprep> Check generalize, change to...
  7. How can I make a disk image backup?

How can I make a disk image backup?: How can I make a disk image backup in WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-a-disk-image-backup/6941df78-1339-4c8e-a894-b1d40106b24e
  8. Make a image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Make a image: Does win 10 have a image program built in to image the whole hard drive?? 87775
  9. Disk image

Disk image: I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they...
  10. Restore a windows 10 disk image

Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...