Windows 10: Making a file visible

Discus and support Making a file visible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi :) My install of Sony Vegas is not working; it crashes when performing a render. I understand this is not an app-specific board, but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by riffwraith, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Making a file visible

Hi Making a file visible :)

My install of Sony Vegas is not working; it crashes when performing a render. I understand this is not an app-specific board, but I have narrowed down the issue, and am thinking this might be a W10 thing.

The crash spits out an error, which tells me that an exe file in the app's PFiles dir is not visible. If I nav to that dir, and r-click on the file and select properties, it says: Description: FileIOSurrogate.exe (not visible)

I am wondering if there is a way to tell W10 (Home, BTW) to change the not visible property to visible.

A google search yields too many results about Windows not showing file extensions, which is not the issue I have here.

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Jan 27, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Need to make ProgramData visible

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to make the ProgramData folder visible. We will help you.

As per the description I understand that even after setting as show hidden files also you are unable to locate the folder.

This issue could have caused due to user profile corruption also.

• Try to directly type the folder location in the file explorer address bar
      and check if it is able to access the folder.
    • Open File Explorer and type C:\ProgramData
      and hit Enter.

I suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 27, 2019
  4. regan1985 Win User

Making a file visible

making file lists

ok i have tried it and i got it to work thanks

but my next problem is it only lists the folders not the files??

regan1985, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Making a file visible

1. Making a file visible - Similar Threads - Making file visible

2. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible: When i turn on my Windows 10 laptop, and the desktop is fully loaded, the mouse cursor isn't showing. If I want to make the mouse cursor visible, I have to move the mouse. The cursor won't become visible before I move the mouse. Why is that? How can I make the cursor visible...
  3. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible: When i turn on my Windows 10 laptop, and the desktop is fully loaded, the mouse cursor isn't showing. If I want to make the mouse cursor visible, I have to move the mouse. The cursor won't become visible before I move the mouse. Why is that? How can I make the cursor visible...
  4. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. restored files not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restored files not visible: I had a Windows 7 computer which suffered a hard-drive failure. I attempted to recover its data files from a backup drive to a windows 11 computer. This computer now shows 200+ GB of disk space used by the restore operation, but the files are nowhere to be seen. All the...
  6. restored files not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restored files not visible: I had a Windows 7 computer which suffered a hard-drive failure. I attempted to recover its data files from a backup drive to a windows 11 computer. This computer now shows 200+ GB of disk space used by the restore operation, but the files are nowhere to be seen. All the...
  7. Files not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not visible: All THE files and folders are missing from desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-visible/eff51d7a-f16b-4de2-921d-32fae7aa837d
  8. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  9. Making pointer visible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making pointer visible in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop. My mouse pointer has disappeared. My settings large pointer, reverse color pointer are fine, but I can only find my pointer by hitting Ctrl. I'm sure it's operator error, but I can't figure out what I'm missing....
  10. Making all computers visible on network

Making all computers visible on network: I have the most recent form of Windows 10. We have 3 laptops and 1 desktop. After the most recent Windows 10 update, we can't see any other computers on the network from the laptops, but we can see all of them from the desktop. Because the desktop is not viewable, we...