Windows 10: making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to reset my laptop but i since windows 10 upgrade it seems i can't without a license or a product key. i own an HP pavilion razer 15 gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MellynnyScarlett, Mar 3, 2021.

1. making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

I want to reset my laptop but i since windows 10 upgrade it seems i can't without a license or a product key.

i own an HP pavilion razer 15 gaming laptop .I just got this laptop from my son and know nothing about it. im wanting to reset to learn from the begining.

thank you

+

:)

MellynnyScarlett, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 3, 2021
  4. making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

1. making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - making fresh start

2. Windows 10 Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Start: All apps including Microsoft Office will be lost on a Windows 10 Fresh Start. I have Excel 2013 will I lose that also? Is there a workaround - I don't want to subscribe to Office 365? Thanks....
  3. Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start

Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start: I did a fresh start for my Windows 10 computer. I have done that in the past to clean out all the junk I got added on, but when I did this it not only removed all my old apps, but also many of the drivers. When I try to reinstall the drivers some fail to load. Is there any...
  4. Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation

Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation: I am working on a Dell Inspiron 11-3168 laptop. I replaced the hard drive today, since the original had failed. I am using the ISO package to install Windows 10 o the new hard drive. The installation works as expected. After the USB drive is removed, which contains the ISO...
  5. Problem after doing "fresh start" on windows 10 laptop

Problem after doing "fresh start" on windows 10 laptop: After doing a fresh start on a windows 10 laptop and logging in my desktop looks incomplete and I can't open anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-doing-fresh-start-on-windows-10/01b99f7a-0423-48b7-b5ef-80f60ea9f4dc
  6. Windows 10 fresh start error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fresh start error: My PC is running very slow. I’ve deleted apps and completed a disk clean but no joy. I ran “fresh start” but recieved the error “there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made”. I tried to use the tool provided to check what went wrong but it says my admin...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Start

Windows 10 Fresh Start: I have an Acer W4-820; I did a fresh start from Windows Defender Security Centre. I crashed half way through. no idea what it was doing. Luckily it rolled everything back and the tablet is now back to normal. I have two core dumps and an event log item who do I send them...
  8. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...
  9. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799
  10. Fresh Start Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fresh Start Windows 10: How to: Fresh Start Windows 10 How to Start Fresh with Clean up-to-date Installation of Windows 10 Using Fresh start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. Fresh start will remove...