Windows 10: Making a LaserJet 4100 print darker?

Discus and support Making a LaserJet 4100 print darker? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a monochrome PNG I need to print onto self adhesive plastic film. It has to print DARK black so light won't shine through the printed area. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Galane, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Galane Win User

Making a LaserJet 4100 print darker?

I have a monochrome PNG I need to print onto self adhesive plastic film. It has to print DARK black so light won't shine through the printed area.

I used to print these on a Color LaserJet 2500 but it broke so the 4100DTN is what I'm stuck with. The default Windows 10 driver doesn't appear to have any options for print density aside from choosing 300 or 600 DPI (despite the printer being 1200 DPI) and RET on or off.

I set on the printer itself to ProRes 1200 and toner density to the maximum of 5. All the on-printer settings can be overridden by the Windows driver or by application software. I can make it print *lighter* in some cases such as having Adobe Reader tell the printer to do so.

Is there a graphics program that's able to override Windows' driver settings and directly command the printer to use its highest quality/density settings that aren't available in the driver?

What'd really be nice is a 3rd party driver that has all the settings that have been taken out of the cut down driver with Windows.

:)

Galane, Aug 2, 2017
  2. Compass_ Win User

HP Printer printing "black boxs" on all Office Documents

Hello there, I upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago together with Office 365.

I also use my HP Laserjet 4100 series. This printer's drivers could not be found when adding on the device, so I added an almost similar make which is
    "HP Laserjet 4250 PCL6". For a month, printing was fine but so far now it's only printing black boxes with either Word, Excel etc.

Ps. When I print a test page, the test page is just fine, with words...

Please help...

Compass_, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Problem uninstalling print driver (Windows 10)

Hi,

I occasionally lose access to my printer, but I have always been able to reinstall.
    Recently, however, I have not been able to do that.
    I saw that my printer no longer showed up in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers.
    I ran "printui /s /t2", selected the driver and clicked "Remove".
    I received the error message "Unable to remove HP LaserJet 4100 Series PS Class Driver, x64, Type 4 - User Mode driver.
    The specified printer driver is currently in use." The printer does not show up in my print queues in Device Manager.
    Some searching on-line found suggestions to run "services.msc", select Print Spooler, go to the Recovery tab, and make sure that all the failure drop downs showed "Restart the Service", which I did.
    Another suggestion was to go to the General tab and stop and then start the Print Spooler.
    So far, no joy here.

How can I convince the computer that the print driver is not in use so I can uninstall and reinstall?

Thank you,

Gary

Windows 10

HP Envy Desktop

HP LaserJet 4100

GaryLynnMass, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

My HP printer has HP driver options for print density and print all text in black. You could try those?

Steve C, Aug 2, 2017
  5. Galane Win User
    The 4100 is an older printer. What I'm printing isn't text so that setting doesn't apply. The drivers Microsoft provides for printers often are "feature reduced", meaning the full capability of the printer is hobbled by leaving out support for things like the maximum resolution and print density options.

In the case of the LaserJet 4100, some apps like Adobe Reader can override or bypass the hobbled driver and make the printer print *lighter*. I'm wanting to go the other way to make it print *darker* than the default middle of the road setting, like was possible with the HP driver with Windows versions before XP.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Making a LaserJet 4100 print darker? - Similar Threads - Making LaserJet 4100

2. Taskbar Color make it Darker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Color make it Darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make the start menu, taskbar, and the action center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. The light windows mode is just too...
  3. Taskbar Color make it darker

Taskbar Color make it darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make thestart menu, taskbar, and theaction center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. Any registry hacks?...
  4. How to make a scroll bar darker?

How to make a scroll bar darker?: Is there a method to make a scroll bar darker. I have a problem with sight and it gives me trouble to distinguish the grey hue. Thank you a lot CHEERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-scroll-bar-darker/30fe3932-572b-49a2-8287-935939445431
  5. HP Laserjet p1102W not printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laserjet p1102W not printing: I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Is HP LaserJet P1102W compatible with this windows version? Why is it that in the devices and printers from the control panel shows the default printer is NPIA2B27BHP LaserJet Professional P1102w. Is this the reason...
  6. make windows backgrounds darker

make windows backgrounds darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all window backgrounds bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC...
  7. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  8. how to make screen text darker

how to make screen text darker: hi - i can barely read the light text on my computer. windows 10 lenovo laptop. how can i darken it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-text-darker/eb378c93-2daa-4069-af8e-44bc8768f758
  9. make text appear darker on the screen

make text appear darker on the screen: I have windows 10 and the letters are mostly light. Some letters are darker than other but really hard to read. I have hunted and hunted to find where I can make the text more bold. This ole grannie really needs help. Thank you DeLories...
  10. Make selection highlight darker/clearer

Make selection highlight darker/clearer: I'm pretty sure that file selections in Windows 7 were quite clear but in Windows 10 they're extremely faint and difficult to make out. The screenshot below shows that some files are selected; file 0008 is clearly selected but the files that follow are also selected but you...