Windows 10: Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10

Discus and support Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased an SSD to try to boost my PC's performance but I don't know how to properly download windows onto it. I no longer have the product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SragonSlayer, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10

I just purchased an SSD to try to boost my PC's performance but I don't know how to properly download windows onto it. I no longer have the product key for windows, it has been too long ago and it was lost.

I have already performed a system reset, which does not require the product key to open windows afterwards, and used MacriumReflect to copy everything on the hard drive (Basically just windows files at this point) and put them onto the SSD.

But when I tried to launch windows with the hard drive unplugged, windows wouldn't even start.

What am I doing wrong, and what is the best way to do this? (Preferably not purchasing a digital product key)

:)

SragonSlayer, Jul 30, 2019

2. Upgraded SSD as boot drive and having issues with Windows booting

If you want your new 1TB SSD to be the boot drive I think you need to go into your bios and set it to be the boot drive. Another way to do this is to remove the 256 GB SSD from your system and replace it with the 1TB SSD clone. I also suggest before you try to format your old SSD make sure everything is working.

alkaufmann, Jul 30, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Jul 30, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10

second SSD install question.

I have recently purchased a crucial mx100 512GB SSD to add along with my ADATA premier pro SP900 256 GB SSD. My question is. my ADATA is currently my boot drive of course, and I want to make my mx100 my boot drive when I install it. How would I go about putting my windows on my mx100 without having to buy a completely new version of windows? Could I go through windows to do it, or would I have to use a flash drive?

cwtech, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10

1. Making a new ADATA 3D NANO 256 GB SSD drive the boot drive Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Making ADATA NANO

2. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  3. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  4. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  5. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  6. Making my SSD the boot drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Making my SSD the boot drive: I want to make my new SSD my boot drive and I think to do that I have to install windows 10 on it, select it as the boot drive in bios and that should be it, right? I've already formatted it so I'm not worried about that Before I make a mistake though I wanted to get my...
  7. Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb [solved]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb [solved]: I have a Lenovo laptop with SanDisk 512 Gb SSD that came with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. The disk P/N as shown by both the Lenovo utility and Device Manager corresponds to the 512 Gb model. The Lenovo utility and diskpart show the disk as having 512 Gb capacity well,...
  8. Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb: I have a Lenovo laptop with SanDisk 512 Gb SSD that came with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. The disk P/N as shown by both the Lenovo utility and Device Manager corresponds to the 512 Gb model. The Lenovo utility and diskpart show the disk as having 512 Gb capacity well,...
  9. Can I make my new SSD a boot drive without formatting the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I make my new SSD a boot drive without formatting the hard drive?: An SSD was just recently installed into my laptop and in order to make the ssd the boot drive the store clerk said that they have to format the hard drive. They said I can move important files into the ssd then format the hard drive. Is there a way for me to make the ssd a...
  10. Replacing 256 GB SSD C drive with larger 500 GB using macrium clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Replacing 256 GB SSD C drive with larger 500 GB using macrium clone: I have an ASUS GL552 laptop with a 256GB SSD C drive and a 1TB hdd I am swapping out the SSD with a larger one. Can I use macrium to mirror the old SSD C drive and restore the mirrored image to the new larger capacity SSD? any pros or cons using mirrored image vs clone of...