Windows 10: Making a New "My Documents" folder

Discus and support Making a New "My Documents" folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To make more room on C: drive, I used the move folder to "E" drive. I followed the guidance, Properties, location, move folder. However, it moved all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonySt3, Jul 17, 2021.

1. TonySt3 Win User

Making a New "My Documents" folder

To make more room on C: drive, I used the move folder to "E" drive. I followed the guidance, Properties, location, move folder. However, it moved all the files and folders into the "E" drive main directory, and did not create a "My Documents" folder on "E". In effect, "E" is the document folder, although it is maned Media Files. The old "My Document folder is no longer there. I do not think I can use restore default folder, as I suspect it will take everything on "E" including over 500GB of photographs. What is the easiest way to Make a new "My Folder", and transfer the files into it please. I

:)

TonySt3, Jul 17, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Merge Document Folders

Bob,

We were typing at the same time.

You must be exasperated by now. I am merely baffled.

I suggest that you tell me the names of the subfolders immediately under C:\Users\Owner\Documents and E:\My documents / E:\DocumentsOld then I'll write out the list for you of RoboCopy commands from one level down that will put everything into the new E:\Documents folder for you.

Denis

4. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Making a New "My Documents" folder - Similar Threads - Making Documents folder

2. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  3. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  4. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  5. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  6. Can't make a text document in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make a text document in a folder.: My account has admin also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-a-text-document-in-a-folder/6d6ba063-5066-45bc-9232-ff0acb422d47
  7. Can't make a text document in a folder.

Can't make a text document in a folder.: My account has admin also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-a-text-document-in-a-folder/6d6ba063-5066-45bc-9232-ff0acb422d47
  8. Making a New "My Docunts" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a New "My Docunts" folder: To make more room on C: drive, I used the move folder to "E" drive. I followed the guidance, Properties, location, move folder. However, it moved all the files and folders into the "E" drive main directory, and did not create a "My Documents" folder on "E". In effect, "E" is...
  9. New .dll files in my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New .dll files in my Documents folder?: I recently downloaded a program called TaskbarX and accidentally installed it in my documents folder. However I noticed around 20 .dll files in the documents folder that were not there before. A lot of them start with System like System.Data.dll. The type is “application...
  10. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

How to make Cortana open my Documents folder: Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same:...