Windows 10: Making a old school secondary local account

Discus and support Making a old school secondary local account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I need help with setting up a secondary local account. I want to have two seperate local accounts on same computer and same system. I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cjgames, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Making a old school secondary local account

Hi! I need help with setting up a secondary local account. I want to have two seperate local accounts on same computer and same system. I don't want having same files for both accounts (for example now games that I own on admistrator account are also on secondary guest account)

Can you help me?

submitted by /u/cjgames
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cjgames, Jan 17, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Making a old school secondary local account

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Making a old school secondary local account

1. Making a old school secondary local account - Similar Threads - Making old school

2. How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.: How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-the-local-account-to-microsoft-work/1dd16636-c732-4112-a945-76753addce9d
  3. How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account.: How to switch the local account to Microsoft work or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-the-local-account-to-microsoft-work/1dd16636-c732-4112-a945-76753addce9d
  4. Switch from Work or school account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch from Work or school account to a local account: I have been using my local account on Win 11 Pro until yesterday when I connected my work account. I was able to switch between two accounts but today I'm not able to switch to local account because when I click on "switch user" it gives me a space to input email address and...
  5. Switch from Work or school account to a local account

Switch from Work or school account to a local account: I have been using my local account on Win 11 Pro until yesterday when I connected my work account. I was able to switch between two accounts but today I'm not able to switch to local account because when I click on "switch user" it gives me a space to input email address and...
  6. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts: Have 2 child accounts on Windows 10 installation as Microsoft accounts.Cannot convert them to Local accounts using standard method Settings -> Accounts -> "sign in with local account Instead".How do I convert these Microsoft accounts to local accounts without losing all their...
  7. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts: Have 2 child accounts on Windows 10 installation as Microsoft accounts.Cannot convert them to Local accounts using standard method Settings -> Accounts -> "sign in with local account Instead".How do I convert these Microsoft accounts to local accounts without losing all their...
  8. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

9. How to change the status of an old Microsoft Account by making it a local Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the status of an old Microsoft Account by making it a local Microsoft Account?: I tried for over 4 years to get Microsoft to update my Microsoft Account to reflect my current email address after we moved from North Carolina to Florida in December of 2017. For some reason, Microsoft would not recognize that new email account. In those same years I had to...
  10. Can't Remove Old School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Old School Account: Hi all,My University uses Outlook as our email service provider, and so I had my student email linked to my computer to provide access to our Microsoft 365 programs. However, recently they updated our email servers, and in doing so all of our old emails became defunct;...