Windows 10: Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

Discus and support Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of Windows on a a friends HP computer that already had an OEM copy of Windows. During setup, the digital license from the OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JzxGamer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

I did a fresh install of Windows on a a friends HP computer that already had an OEM copy of Windows. During setup, the digital license from the OEM Windows was automatically applied to the machine and activated without any problems.

I would like create a bootable recovery partition so they can reinstall on their own if needed. I can’t seem to get it to work properly so I was wondering:

Can I copy the contents of my retail copy of Windows 10 (USB) directly to a partition and have them boot from there whenever they need to recover?

How do I configure the partition to be a bootable Recovery partition?

submitted by /u/JzxGamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JzxGamer, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jun 19, 2021
  3. foxmarka Win User
    Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.

How do I make a complete copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition to DVD for recovery.

foxmarka, Jun 19, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10? partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10?

1. Making a Recovery partition with a retail copy of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Making Recovery partition

2. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?: I have a problem with a windows update KB5028997so I have searched it an follow the introduction from the...
  3. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?: I have a problem with a windows update KB5028997so I have searched it an follow the introduction from the...
  4. how to make partition 4 a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Making a copy for factory recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a copy for factory recovery partition: Hello guys! I have a laptop that has a factory recovery partition. I want to have that partition safe, I am planning to do a fresh start. Could you let me know if there's an easy way to do clone / backup that recovery option to a usb stick, I do not want to lose the option...
  6. Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.

Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.: How do I make a complete copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition to DVD for recovery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-the-windows-10-recovery-partition/b50f08ab-faa0-4f77-817e-ad1c95a8f40e
  7. What version of windows 10 is on the retail copy?

What version of windows 10 is on the retail copy?: Hi there, going to be building a new PC in the next month or so and I purchased (last month 06/19) a retail copy of win10 (existing PC upgraded from win7) for it (wanted multiple license reuse in the case of motherboard changes) just wondering what version of windows 10 is on...
  8. Retail copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail copy of Windows 10: downloaded a retail copy of Windows 10 to new refurbished laptop. for daughter Son-in-law returned computer to exchange for new refurbished computer When I found out, original computer was on way back to refurbishing company How do I get my retail copy of...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade makes huge recovery partition

Windows 10 upgrade makes huge recovery partition: Hi, My Dell venue pro 11 tablet comes with a 32gb inbuilt space with windows 8.1. Then I got the free windows 10 upgrade which went smoothly. But now the problem is after the upgrade there was very little space left in my Cdrive. The recovery partition takes up 6.5gb of...
  10. Making a Recovery Partition?

Making a Recovery Partition?: Recovery Partition... The thread above reminded me... My laptop has a partition with Windows 7 on it for recovery purposes. It was a long time ago, but I think I created it from an ISO. I can't even remember how it should be used! Is it possible to create the same in...