Windows 10: Making a .sys file that worked on 7 work on 10

Discus and support Making a .sys file that worked on 7 work on 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have an NDS Adaptor Plus that has a working .sys file that I can boot in test mode. Thing is this .sys file driver is not loading on Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CyborgArmGUn, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Making a .sys file that worked on 7 work on 10

So I have an NDS Adaptor Plus that has a working .sys file that I can boot in test mode. Thing is this .sys file driver is not loading on Win 10.

Anyway I can update this for 10 with basic coding knowlege? (the sorce code is posted, if you guys wanna look at it)

:)

CyborgArmGUn, Dec 19, 2015

2. External Drive won't work on 10, worked on 7

My external drive won't come on, it shows the number but no box telling how much free space and how much used, I talked to Acer and they couldn't help. Also talked to the external drive people at StarTech, no help there. When I go " Device and Drives
    " and DiskMgmt the letter is there if the drive is tuned on, when the drive is on it shows a green bar going across the top then I either get a warning message, one says:: f:\ is not accessible the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error..
    The other says:: Location not available f:\ is not assessable the parameter is incorrect.. I have no idea what it all means, all I know it worked on windows 7 but not 10. Please put answer in an easy to understand format for an old guy to understand.. Do
    I need to drop 10 and go back to 7???

Thank you,

Conductor1

conducter1, Dec 19, 2015
  3. External Drive won't work on 10, worked on 7

Tried that, didn't work so I went back to Windows 7 and it works just fine. Windows 10 must not like external drives as I tried everything, external disk company, Computer Company, no one, and I mean no one could help and that includes a computer guy.

Now that I'm back on Windows 7 everything works great.. Thanks for trying. Till I'm sure everything will work on 10 I'm staying on 7 for now. Don't get me wrong, I liked 10, it just wouldn't run some things like external drives.

conducter1, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

Making a .sys file that worked on 7 work on 10

1. Making a .sys file that worked on 7 work on 10 - Similar Threads - Making sys file

2. Zip file will not work in Win 10. But same file works fine in Win Win 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zip file will not work in Win 10. But same file works fine in Win Win 7: I downloaded a file from Canon for my new printer. I believe the fle is self extracting, but when I click on the file I get the following error message: 'Zip File is damaged or truncated'. When I try the same downloaded Canon file on my Win 7 PC, it works fine. Help,...
  3. will works 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will works 7: will works 7 install on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-works-7/1db1f810-f8da-461d-9413-ab5ddcb78be5
  4. File sharing - Anyone know how to make it work and keep it working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File sharing - Anyone know how to make it work and keep it working?: Two PCs, local network, fresh install of Windows 10 home, all updates. Both are set for 'private network'. Had some issues with file sharing between the two machines when first set up about a week or so ago. Got it working by making sure the correct services were up and...
  5. Mouse not working in window 10 . but working in window 7 .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working in window 10 . but working in window 7 .: Just simple bought a gaming mouse , while plug into my window 10 asus laptop not working (unknown devices shown), trying my another lenovo window 10 laptop same . Trying in window 7 acer desktop working .Someone can tell me what problems ?...
  6. sys file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sys file: There is error of sys file if you want to reomve this error then you visit our site https://unfitpc.com/asinshelp64-sys, it will be fruitful for you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/sys-file/414caabe-824d-4938-b5ee-70989d4c1a04
  7. Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7: Whenever I load an OS in virtual box it comes up with: Cannot detect the USB writing speed. System fail to boot up. I know by fact that nothing is wrong with this laptop. On 7 I could load anything without any error. Can someone please help me in making this work? 37905
  8. sys image backup does not work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    sys image backup does not work: I am using an ASUS A88XM-A mother board. I have made several system image backups on several different external drives. When i have tried to recover my system with the the backup drives I get the message the file format is incorrect ntfs your bios is set to EFI?. This is...
  9. Make SnippingTool under Windows 10 work as under Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make SnippingTool under Windows 10 work as under Windows 7: I've been using Windows Snipping Tool since Windows 7 to quickly capture screenshots of parts of the screen. But now on Windows 10 it doesn't work the same way. Say, when I click its icon, on Windows 7 the Snipping Tool would let me select the region to make a snapshot...
  10. Windows 10 makes my HD work and work and work and work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 makes my HD work and work and work and work: What on EARTH process is always running in the background to make my hard drive chatter away for literally nearly 3-5 minutes after a bootup...and we're talking with a FRESH install!....Some something is running a LOT in the background but task manager is absolutely worthless...