Windows 10: Making a task list for Format Factory?

Discus and support Making a task list for Format Factory? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There's a program called Format Factory which is the fastest multimedia format converter there is. The latest version is even better because it now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Galane, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Galane Win User

Making a task list for Format Factory?

There's a program called Format Factory which is the fastest multimedia format converter there is. The latest version is even better because it now features the ability to set the number of threads used. I have it set to 9 threads running on a Ryzen 5 3600. I'm converting 9 WMA and M4A audio files simultaneously to MP3. While it's capable of loading up a few thousand files at once into its list, getting them into it is the iffy bit. It crashes quite often doing that but once successfully loaded it reliably churns through them all until its done. It can save all the files to be processed into a task list, which is simply a plain text file with the extension .task The task file is formatted like this "-> MP3" "High quality" "L:/Music/ALBUMS/Album1/00 song.m4a" "L:/Music/ALBUMS/Album1\00 song.mp3" Line after line, every file with its path on its own line. Note that the final forward slash is flipped to a backslash in the output section. What I want to do is get a list of all the M4A and WMA files I want to convert and put them into a text file with the formatting for a Format Factory task list. Then I should be able to load that list, click Start and come back some hours later to delete all the old files. I'm thinking it should be possible with a batch file in Windows 10 x64

:)

Galane, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 23, 2021
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jun 23, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Making a task list for Format Factory? - Similar Threads - Making task list

2. Format of file listing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format of file listing: Windows 11 seems to have changed the format of the file lists that come up when browsing for a file. They're all double spaced now - resulting in very spaced out physically loooong lists. Is there any way to change this?...
  3. Format of file listing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format of file listing: Windows 11 seems to have changed the format of the file lists that come up when browsing for a file. They're all double spaced now - resulting in very spaced out physically loooong lists. Is there any way to change this?...
  4. Format Factory question - Windows 11

Format Factory question - Windows 11: I have the latest (I think) version of Format Factory V5.7.5 installed on my Windows 11 64-bit laptop. I am trying to join 4 files: File 1 is: 329,442 KB File 2 is: 160,463 KB File 3 is: 178,617 KB File 4 is: 55482 KB The resultant file is: 236,892 KB. I thought the out file...
  5. How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?: In Windows 10, the Task Manager is displayed after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL but the Tasks tab is missing. How can I restore the Tasks tab to the Task Manager window?...
  6. Factory reset vs. Format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset vs. Format: Is it factory reset EXACTLY the same as formatting C drive and installing fresh Windows 10? submitted by /u/0Artur0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgtkua/factory_reset_vs_format/
  7. Format Factory 5.2.1.0

Format Factory 5.2.1.0: Hello. I can install this but it doesn't run. Version 5.1.0.0 works fine. Format Factory Windows 10 x64 v2004 19041.264 PS - I am going to try lite version... Nope. Lite version seems to be just a stub (<4mb) 157740
  8. Task Bar and Alphabetized List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar and Alphabetized List: Hello: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop I updated an program. Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu. I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar. An icon for the executable now shows...
  9. Downloaded list format

Downloaded list format: How do I look at a downloaded list in a normal format instead of notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/downloaded-list-format/2a6022ed-3047-48dc-9e00-843dce7de130
  10. Format Factory Program

Format Factory Program: Hello, For a long time I use "Format Factory" program, in general it handls video, audio, and pictures. Recently I updated it by uninstalling the old version and installing the newer version. Now here is a strange thing: When I open the program for the first time of the...