Windows 10: Making a text file of folders and subfolders

Discus and support Making a text file of folders and subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realise with windows explorer folder names can be copied as a text file, but the my folders have sub folders, so need to create a list showing this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Making a text file of folders and subfolders

I realise with windows explorer folder names can be copied as a text file, but the my folders have sub folders, so need to create a list showing this. installed total commander, but cant see how its possible with this app. any thoughts please ? thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 13, 2021
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

4. Making a text file of folders and subfolders

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Making a text file of folders and subfolders :D

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Making a text file of folders and subfolders

1. Making a text file of folders and subfolders - Similar Threads - Making text file

2. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  3. Files gone but folders and subfolders still here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone but folders and subfolders still here: Hi,unfortunatelly i have saved quite a lot on my desktop. Today when I started my laptop, all of the older files were gone, but the folders were somehow still here, including subfolders. Newer files that I have worked on in the past few days are also still here. So is all the...
  4. Can't make a text document in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make a text document in a folder.: My account has admin also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-a-text-document-in-a-folder/6d6ba063-5066-45bc-9232-ff0acb422d47
  5. Can't make a text document in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make a text document in a folder.: My account has admin also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-a-text-document-in-a-folder/6d6ba063-5066-45bc-9232-ff0acb422d47
  6. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  7. Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files: Hi! I was wondering if there is a way in Windows 10 or a software that can create a table of contents for a folder? In our company we have a library of different files with information that we need for our work. These files are stored on a network drive and are used by...
  8. Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files: So I've had this issue for a long while. I can change the permission of the main WindowsApps folder, and it tells me I can change the permissions for its contents to match the same, but it just.... doesn't. I mod games, and so I want to try my hand at modding files in this...
  9. Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance: Looking to change the Icon of a folder in file explorer and then having that icon inherit to every subfolder. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-icon-in-file-explorer-subfolder/03272e65-4e85-42a4-84ff-d3cf8e0ba194"
  10. Duplicate subfolders in User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate subfolders in User folder: Hi there. Have been working with Build 10074 for several days. Just realized yesterday that my main user folder has duplicate sub-folders (2 Documents, 2 Music, 2 Videos, 2 Downloads, 2 Pictures). They are the same size, have the same properties). Whichever one I delete,...