Windows 10: Making a third party program available to all users in a computer

Discus and support Making a third party program available to all users in a computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to download Zoom and Microsoft Teams onto every computer in my organization. I thought that logging in a computer as an Admin and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jose Martinez jmartinez2, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Making a third party program available to all users in a computer

Hi,

I've been trying to download Zoom and Microsoft Teams onto every computer in my organization. I thought that logging in a computer as an Admin and downloading them would automatically make them available for the other users in the same computer, but that is not the case. However Microsoft Edge and Chrome were available for the users once installed.

I have tried to look for solutions by googling stuff. Somebody somewhere said to put a shortcut to these programs in the Public Desktop, but when I did that and logged in as another user, the shortcuts were visible in the desktop but did not work. Instead I got error messages saying that file "has been moved".

My next approach was to figure out the difference between the programs that were available to all users and those that were not. It seemed to me that the programs that are installed in "program files" or "program files x86" are available to everyone, but those installed in the "AppData" of a particular user folder are not. So I've been thinking of copying and pasting the Zoom folder and the Teams folder in the admin "AppData" into either "program files" or "program files x86". However, I've been wondering if there is a way to set up the computer so that programs downloaded and installed from a browser can be installed into these folders and not in the "AppData" folder.

Sorry for the long story. Can somebody answer ALL my questions please?

1. How to make a third party program available to all users in a computer? Or how to fix the shortcuts in the Public Desktop?

2. Would my approach of copying and pasting to the program files be effective or harmful?

3. Is there a way to get the computer to install in program files and not in AppData?

Thank you

:)

Jose Martinez jmartinez2, Aug 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 28, 2020
  3. User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Making a third party program available to all users in a computer

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Making a third party program available to all users in a computer

1. Making a third party program available to all users in a computer - Similar Threads - Making third party

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. How to make a Program available to All Users in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a Program available to All Users in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you have multiple user accounts and you want to make a program available for all users in Windows 11/10, you can go through this guide. Unless it is a portable app, you can make it available for all the existing users on your computer. How to make a Program available...
  5. are third party software available on window 11

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    are third party software available on window 11: I want to ask a question related to window 10 .that there are third party software available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-third-party-software-available-on-window-11/a448dd54-be52-4982-9fca-e67bba269f69
  6. are third party software available on window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are third party software available on window 11: I want to ask a question related to window 10 .that there are third party software available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-third-party-software-available-on-window-11/a448dd54-be52-4982-9fca-e67bba269f69
  7. are third party software available on window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 suspending third party programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suspending third party programs: A couple weeks ago Windows started suspending a third party program that's installed on my computer, upon executing the program you can see it on a 'running' state in the Task Manager but then it shows a 'Suspended' state, it's removed from the processes list and doesn't...
  9. restore wiped my third party programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore wiped my third party programs: I did a restore not realizing it would wipe out all kinds of programs and now I'm left with a list of what was deleted. Is there any way to get those programs back without reinstalling them again or am I pretty much up the creek without a paddle trying to put it nicely....
  10. make files available to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...