Windows 10: Making a usb drive active - Help ???

Discus and support Making a usb drive active - Help ??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im about to create my 1st "Active Partition" usb drive . using the program called "AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.8.0"so - after selecting create active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by melaniosulivan, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Making a usb drive active - Help ???

Im about to create my 1st "Active Partition" usb drive . using the program called "AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.8.0"so - after selecting create active partition on it - it has the message " creating this on the usb drive can make the other primary partition inactive" so I worry because that other is my windows partition, I do not want to stuff that up - how safe is it to keep going with making active partition on usb drive without stuffing up my pc ?

:)

melaniosulivan, Jun 23, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Jun 23, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Making a usb drive active - Help ???

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Making a usb drive active - Help ???

1. Making a usb drive active - Help ??? - Similar Threads - Making usb drive

2. Making a usb drive active - Help ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a usb drive active - Help ???: Im about to create my 1st "Active Partition" usb drive . using the program called "AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.8.0"so - after selecting create active partition on it - it has the message " creating this on the usb drive can make the other primary partition inactive" so I...
  3. Making a usb drive active - Help ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a usb drive active - Help ???: Im about to create my 1st "Active Partition" usb drive . using the program called "AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.8.0"so - after selecting create active partition on it - it has the message " creating this on the usb drive can make the other primary partition inactive" so I...
  4. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  5. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  6. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB locked "Read Only" after making to active (boot) drive in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB locked "Read Only" after making to active (boot) drive in Win10: Have tried many suggestions to clear this. Using DISKPART can clear read only for files but drive remains "Read Only" Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.885] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart.exe Microsoft DiskPart...
  8. Help with active primary drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with active primary drives.: Can someone tell me if this looks normal? Just installed Win 10 and was about to rearrange some drive letters and thought it looked odd with so many drives labeled active and primary. [img] 115355
  9. USB flash drive help

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive help: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...
  10. Make USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make USB Flash Drive: I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?: 8461