Windows 10: Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again.

Discus and support Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I burned an ISO to a USB drive. How do I make the USB drive usable now? I tried formatting it with Partition Manager as a FAT 32. But Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nuraman00, Jan 19, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again.

I burned an ISO to a USB drive.

How do I make the USB drive usable now? I tried formatting it with Partition Manager as a FAT 32.

But Windows 10 still can't recognize it in Windows Explorer. I hear the noise when I insert the drive, but it doesn't come up in Explorer.

Windows does detect it if I go to Manage-->Computer-->Disk Management.

But I want to be able to see it in Explorer, so I can use it in the future.

I also tried formatting it as a NTFS.

I tried following these steps, I still can't make it visible in Windows Explorer anymore.

I tried using both Disk Partition, and Partition Manager.

How to Delete a Partition on a USB Drive in Windows 10? - EaseUS

:)

nuraman00, Jan 19, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again. [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again. [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jan 19, 2020
  3. USB not visible on Windows 10

A USB drive that was visible before the update to Windows 10 no longer shows up in the "My Computer" list of available drives. Other thumb drives do but this particular thumb drive was password protected. How do we get Windows 10 File Explorer to recognize
    the USB drive?

carriecorcoran, Jan 19, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Making a USB drive visible in Windows Explorer again. - Similar Threads - Making USB drive

2. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  3. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today: I have been using a Toshiba USB stick to copy data for transfer to a new PC and it was working fine until today. Now it's not visible in File Explorer. Earlier it was visible in Device Manager and I read that if I uninstalled it there and restarted my PC it should then be...
  4. USB drive is not visible in File Explorer or Device Manager today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer: Diskpart inactive makes the partition not visible in explorer so if i download more threats the pc is gonna survive the attacks if i dont format...
  6. Drive letter not visible in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive letter not visible in Windows Explorer: I have one and only one letter assigned to a drive that is not recognized by the Windows Explorer. It is visible in the Disk Management console. When I change the letter Explorer displays this drive. When I assign this letter to another drive, it disappears from Explorer....
  7. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  8. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  9. Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?: This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there, just by checking the desktop folder in Explorer. Also, if I drag across the desktop and accidentally grab an icon, it shows as a...
  10. Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer: Hi,I know that there have been similar posts with similar issues. I have read the more but they are not exactly the same and I have tried some of the solutions posted but they have not worked.I have a desktop computer and a surface pro. The problem is with the desktop...