Windows 10: Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

Discus and support Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nats, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Nats Win User

Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state?
    Thanks,

:)

2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Updating Error Code: 8007007E In Windows 8.1 Pro

I Solved the problem, here is the solution that may help you.

1. Download the technical preview of windows 10

2. Once downloaded, Use USB device to install

2. To install windows 10 make bootable USB visit: http://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-windows-10-bootable-usb-flash-drive/bootable-usb-flash-drive/ and follow the steps

3. After making bootable flash drive attach the USB device to the CPU and reboot

4. Press F12 continuosly till the boot menu appears

5. Now select your USB device and wait till the installation window will appear

6. Follow the steps once done ENJOY!

Abdul_Wahab, Aug 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes. Why can't they make their own?

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Nats Win User
    Thanks.

The recipient is not very computer literate. Mostly reads emails, and scans the Internet.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just make sure and send instructions to insert the USB with the computer running and then run Setup.exe on the USB. He's asking for all kinds of trouble if he can manage to boot from the USB.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Nats Win User
    This is in the plan but point well taken.

Thanks.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

My question is if your friend only does email and surfs the internet, then what has he done to you to want to curse him with Windows 10?!? ;-)

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    Danger, Will Robinson.

I recommend imaging the current installation before doing an OS upgrade. (I'd recommend that for anyone, from novice through software developer.) That would guarantee that he could get back to where he is now, if the upgrade fails.

I strongly recommend it if the machine is a laptop.

That's unless your friend uses the PC as a communication device, and keeps none of his life on it. (Or has a good backup for just his critical documents.)

This isn't to denigrate Microsoft or its upgrade. The probability of failure is low, but for some of us its potential consequences are too severe to risk.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive - Similar Threads - Making USB Install

2. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a hdd that I found in a random dstv decoder, I used diskpart to clean it and all, and after some struggle I got it to run windows 10 home, but when I try to update It says, "windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive", its a 512gb hdd...
  3. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a hdd that I found in a random dstv decoder, I used diskpart to clean it and all, and after some struggle I got it to run windows 10 home, but when I try to update It says, "windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive", its a 512gb hdd...
  4. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10: I have purchased some Win 10 licenses, and I tried to use the first one for a 32-bit Win 10 Pro and boot from a USB flash drive. As I use the MediaCreationTool20H2 and chose “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file for another PC” option, the program did...
  6. Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working: Just finished building my PC, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk II Mobo. I went to install windows 10 from a flash drive, set the flash drive as boot priority, all PC parts working fine and BIOS page is fine. I boot up the PC again to install windows 10 and then THESE screens...
  7. trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive: so im trying to install win10 using media creation tool , but when i get to about 30% in the verifying stage, it says i dont have enough space. it cant be the usb because ive used multiple with storage all 8gb or higher. any help would be apricated, thanks! submitted by...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive: Upon booting the computer from my usb flash drive which has the windows 10 20H2 ISO using Rufus, I am met with a screen which has a white line on the top left corner of my screen. After blinking for a few seconds, the Windows Logo shows for a split second and then the system...
  9. Make USB Flash Drive

Make USB Flash Drive: I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?: 8461
  10. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...