Windows 10: Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

Discus and support Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I look under defaults in Control Panel, I see Microsoft Edge is the default. I do not want Microsoft Edge and paid to get Adobe Acrobat Pro XI so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElaineBell6, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

When I look under defaults in Control Panel, I see Microsoft Edge is the default. I do not want Microsoft Edge and paid to get Adobe Acrobat Pro XI so I have the editing capabilities. How do I do this?

ElaineBell6

:)

ElaineBell6, Apr 22, 2019

2. How do I use Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default pdf program to open files in folders?

When I try to set the default program to open pdf files Adobe Acrobat Pro is not even listed. How can I set Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default?

Joseph Londino, Apr 22, 2019
  3. How do I use Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default pdf program to open files in folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

Provide the following information:

1. Have you installed Adobe Acrobat Pro on your pc?

If yes, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the program and then follow the steps below and check it helps:

1. Open Control panel.

2. Select Default Programs.

3. Click on Adobe Acrobat Pro and set that application as Default.

If the issue persist follow the steps below.

1. Open Default Program.

2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

3. Select any pdf file Extension.

4. Click on Change program.

5. Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Swathi Ravichandran, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

How do I use Adobe Acrobat Pro as the default pdf program to open files in folders?

Adobe Acrobat Pro isn't listed as a default program option. When I use Acrobat Pro to open a file I am prompted to set it as the default. After clicking on the 'yes' button I receive a message that acrobat pro could not be the default program.

Swathi's method doesn't work.

Joseph Londino, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files

1. Making Adobe Acrobat Pro XI my default program for opening pdf files - Similar Threads - Making Adobe Acrobat

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  5. Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Adobe Acrobat as Default for opening PDF and another pdf application for previewing in...: HelloI just need to know if I can set Adobe Acrobat as default application for opening and editing PDF files, and set another program such as Netro or Xchange Viewer for perviewing files in windows explorer and Outlook. I am using Window 11, I was was able to do this in...
  6. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  7. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  8. Cannot make Acrobat Pro DC the default program to open PDF files

Cannot make Acrobat Pro DC the default program to open PDF files: I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit O/S and Acrobat Pro DC latest version. - No matter what I do - the Windows system immediately switches back to assigning TWINUI as the default program for PDF files. - I have even removed Edge don't want that program anyway and blocked edge...
  9. Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Acrobat XI Pro: Why has Adobe Acrobat XI Pro stopped working in Windows 10 has been fine up until a month ago !! All of the updates seem to impact in different ways and want a fix from Microsoft or replacement software....
  10. Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener

Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener: I had Microsoft Edge as default reader on my Win 10 HP laptop and am NOT able to choose AAR as the default even after resetting the Edge app and removing it from the default position. I can choose AAR for PDFxml files but NOT straight PDF files. Others have had the same...