Windows 10: Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10

Discus and support Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, y'all! My right Airpod is a lot quieter than my left one (it's not software related, its idiot (me, I'm the idiot) related). I have a Surface Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TGITori, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10

Hi, y'all!

My right Airpod is a lot quieter than my left one (it's not software related, its idiot (me, I'm the idiot) related). I have a Surface Pro 6 running on Windows 10 Pro and I was able to balance the volume of both of them, however, that means that my fully functional AirPod has to be at 30% of its capable volume to be balanced with the left. This means that even when my volume is at 100, it is still really quiet. I've tried a few extensions, but they don't add much volume and they ruin the quality. I also tried Equalizer APO and added +10 decibels. The article I read suggested to not add more decibels out of concern for the capabilities/safety of the headphones. Is there anything else I can try to add more than the max volume to my computer, or am I screwed?

submitted by /u/TGITori
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TGITori, Nov 15, 2020

2. Airpods Pro super loud on Windows 10

Recently, my AirPods Pro began playing at max volume when connected to Windows 10. I can move the Windows volume slider up and down and the volume does not change. The AirPods Pro were working just fine for several weeks, not I can not use them on Windows

I found this post and followed its advice, but it did not fix the issue. I have removed the AirPods Pro device from the computer, rebooted the computer, and re-paired the AirPods Pro. No change. The AirPods Pro work fine on my iPhone.

EDIT: It appears that the issue is with the "Headset" device. If I switch the volume profile to "Headphones" the volume plays normally and can be adjusted by the slider. See reply from "lacrumb" below. However, this is not a permanent solution for me as
    I frequently take calls and need the "Headset" to work for that.

Any suggestions?

bbains_582, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Airpods pair to Windows 10 PC, volume can barely be heard

Check in Sound Properties, they may have connected as a Hands Free device, (much lower volume), and a Stereo device...
    if so, enable the proper one...

Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10

AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10

1. Making AirPods go over maximum volume on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Making AirPods maximum

2. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum: Hello,I am currently facing the problem of my audio being reset constantly. To describe the issue further: I have set my headset volume to 100, but I have set my apps x to 40 and y to 70, now every time I close these apps x or y and reopen them they automatically get adjusted...
  3. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum: Hello,I am currently facing the problem of my audio being reset constantly. To describe the issue further: I have set my headset volume to 100, but I have set my apps x to 40 and y to 70, now every time I close these apps x or y and reopen them they automatically get adjusted...
  4. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to increase Maximum Volume beyond 100% in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Maximum Volume beyond 100% in Windows 10: [ATTACH]We have observed an increasing dependency on computers for consuming all forms of media these past few years. Over-the-top platforms have picked up pace and computer builds are being modified to make the video-viewing experience more conducive and pleasurable. But...
  6. reg airpods volume not changing

reg airpods volume not changing: hello ! i've had my hp pavilion for 3-4 wks just about, my airpods for about a year now. i have been pairing on it just fine up until last week almost. now, they stay at vol 30, and the slider doesnt work either. i've seen a post from jan of this year for pros, switching the...
  7. Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit Maximum Volume on external speakers: Is there any way I can limit the maximum volume on an external speaker. My dad likes turning the music super loud and I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow limit the maximum volume without him being able to turn it back up easily. A simple solution would be use headphones...
  8. volume not working with airpods

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume not working with airpods: I'm trying to listen to Spotify and I connected my air pods but my volume won't go up or down. It stays as one volume and doesn't change. I can move the volume bar with my mouse but it doesn't change pitch it's just the same volume the whole time. I don't know how to fix it...
  9. Airpods Volume Always at Max

Airpods Volume Always at Max: The volume of my airpods on my dell laptop is always maxed out to 100 no matter where I adjust it. I can only mute the sound otherwise it will always play at max volume. I found a thread from last year that offered solutions to this issue but neither worked for me. I have...
  10. How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder: How to make windows 10 maximum sound louder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-maximum-sound-louder/729df068-b474-455e-8882-2e00c74b29ea