Windows 10: Making an audio recording with my plug in mic

Discus and support Making an audio recording with my plug in mic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to make a couple of radio ad recordings via my computer. I have windows 10 and I have plugged in the mic in the back of the computer. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kirt22204, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Kirt22204 Win User

Making an audio recording with my plug in mic

I want to make a couple of radio ad recordings via my computer. I have windows 10 and I have plugged in the mic in the back of the computer. Is there some basic program already on the computer that I can use to make a recording with my mic or do I need some special program or software? I am not exactly IT savvy.

:)

Kirt22204, Sep 24, 2020
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

How can I record playback audio and mic?

LOL it took me a sec. I take it you tried recording yourself with the BAND, "ABBA" via Voice Recorder, and it worked for you.

As for me, no such luck.
    I appreciate the effort you went through to take those screen shots. Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

I actually have a few recording devices plugged into my computer. Originally:
    • Line-In - plugs into the Headphone jack on audio receiver. Currently turned off, so it is listed as "Not Plugged In"
    • Logitech C922x Webcam, has a microphone as well. I disabled the microphone on it, after noticing its mic was picking up sounds when I attempted recording again after changing my settings according to your instructions. Once I disabled this, I saw no green light indicators indicating sound was being picked up.
    • Logitech G933 Headset - this is my default Recording and Playback device (Default Communication device). I did change the default to Stereo Mix as indicated in your instructions, no luck though.
    • Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio - Not Plugged in, as I don't use 3.5mm microphones
    • Stereo Mix - As per your instructions, I made sure this was enabled and set as the Default Device.

Any thoughts as to why I'm having issues getting this to work? Does this by chance have anything to do with the fact that I use USB devices for Recording and Playback?

JOSHSKORN, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Making an audio recording with my plug in mic

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Making an audio recording with my plug in mic

1. Making an audio recording with my plug in mic - Similar Threads - Making audio recording

2. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...
  3. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...
  4. Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not plugged in when it is plugged in: For a good while now maybe since November 2021 my headset mic hasn't been working and when i check Sound in control panel it says my mic isn't plugged in however it is and I've tried troubleshooting but it still says its not plugged in I've also tried looking at youtube...
  5. Mic not plugged in, but it is.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not plugged in, but it is.: I use the HyperX Cloud Alpha and the mic has been working perfectly for 6 months. But as soon as i installed a Windows update on the 30th of June, the mic was in the headset and now it shows it as unplugged, i have tried the troubleshooter and all it says is that it is...
  6. Mic not recording

Mic not recording: Hi there, I have been using my AKG earphone as a mic and another headphone for sound output for like a year and suddenly the mic it stopped working. I thought it was just the mic broken so I bought another one and plugged in but it did not work. Windows recognize the mic...
  7. RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY: Hi, I'm new to this MS Game Bar, how do I separately record my game audio and mic? Like separate them into two mp3 files after recording. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-audio-and-micvoice-separately/15da4b8f-f913-424c-83f0-726d7ed86d99
  8. Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BeefRamenMan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idu2ee/why_wont_game_bar_record_my_mic_audio_my_mic/
  9. Plug in Microphone not recording audio?

Plug in Microphone not recording audio?: i have a Microphone, it has a converter that puts it into a 3.5 mm two prong audio cable. When i plug it into my computer it wont record and is acting as the left audio channel, is there a way to fix this? maybe change the settings?...
  10. gamebar not recording my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamebar not recording my mic: my gamebar isnt recording my mic anymore but is recording my friends mics on discord and in game mics. how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-my-mic/e2e297e8-38c9-4e5c-b65c-29cdb0cd31e4