Windows 10: Making App Folders in Open-Shell?

Discus and support Making App Folders in Open-Shell? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was successful in using Open-Shell to arrange all my program links into folders. However, I can't seem to find a way to organize my app links into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shelli, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Shelli Win User

Making App Folders in Open-Shell?

I was successful in using Open-Shell to arrange all my program links into folders. However, I can't seem to find a way to organize my app links into folders. Ideally, I'd love to have folders that contain both program links and app links (for example, to put all my image processing links, be they apps or programs, into one folder). Is this doable?

My Windows version number is 1903.

Thanks!
    S.C.

:)

Shelli, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Making App Folders in Open-Shell? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

I have these set - you need to log out and in for the changes to apply.

Making App Folders in Open-Shell? [​IMG]

Making App Folders in Open-Shell? [​IMG]

Steve C, Mar 2, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Making App Folders in Open-Shell? - Similar Threads - Making App Folders

2. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  3. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  4. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  6. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  7. open shell

8. Open shell menu

Open shell menu: Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ? 181208
  9. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  10. Shell Folder Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shell Folder Fix?: I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar. It somewhat worked with Win 8 then almost by design Microsoft killed it in Win 8.1. Actually I can't prove that but it does work somewhat. Does anyone have...