Windows 10: Making AVAST Go Away?

Discus and support Making AVAST Go Away? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.*... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Making AVAST Go Away?

Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.* in Explorer and am still left with this:

Making AVAST Go Away? [​IMG]

A run of CCleaner Registry check came up clean. So, can I safely just delete all this? Or do I need another Uninstaller app, like REVO maybe? I need some help here and will appreciate your advice.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Sep 11, 2017

2. Windows defender gone rogue?

First right off the bat; you can't run both Windows Defender and Avast on the same computer. Windows Defender should have turned itself off when you installed Avast. You are going to have to decide which one you are going to use. If Windows Defender than
    you will have to uninstall Avast. It will also be necessary to download and run the Avast Removal Tool from their web site. If you want to use vast make sure to turn Windows Defender off.

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

SilverBack70, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Thomas_JW Win User
    Constantly getting one of two different BSOD messages SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL whilst playing games/idle, what can I do about this?

Nor me, it doesn't seem to be crashing as much as it did though so I'm quite content with that, It gives me a bit more time to investigate this further. It does seem to be clashing with Windows a fair bit, I was told on the Avast forums I have a vps version
    of Avast so I'm not sure what to make of that, but for now I'm going to try uninstall Avast then see if I get any more bluescreens, just got to look around for a suitable antivirus replacement.

I'm thinking that too, I think it's doing something that's causing the other systems to crash as Avast has only really come up in two of the five or six minidump files, I haven't yet tested it with a game running but for now I'll try to remove Avast first.

Also, here's a link to the Avast forum post; Avast keeps triggering Bluescreens on my computer, is there a way to fix this?

Thomas_JW, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Making AVAST Go Away?

In common with most other AV's, Avast provides a removal tool for those 'hard to reach' places...

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

Never having had Avast I've not had cause to try it, but I have used the similar tools from AVG and McAfee before.

5. Sheltieuk Win User
    where did you download your update from? I've just updated my free and paid for versions from the Piriform website and I haven't had Avast installed or seen any mention of it.

Sheltieuk, Sep 11, 2017
  6. Hmmm, now I'm trying to convince myself to do what's necessary to boot this thing in Safe Mode to run the "avastclear" utility. All this would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing.

The update came from the link provided in CCleaner to update. Dwonload file is cc_setup534.exe

7. It is per their forum.

Josey Wales, Sep 11, 2017
  8. Making AVAST Go Away?

Making AVAST Go Away? [​IMG]

9. Same here , just updated my Pro copy with nary a word about Avast or anything else for that matter. Is Piriform bundling now?!

indianacarnie, Sep 11, 2017
  10. I see..................................... hmmmmmmmm maybe its just for new installs?

11. CCleaner has been here since 03/14/2017 and maintained up-to-date with each new release.

12. Piriform is now part of the Avast Family was announced a few months ago I think or at least a month ago not exactly sure. didn't see that on my systems though as all systems already use Avast for now til Fall Creators update then might decide not to use it, not sure yet

AMDMan2016, Sep 11, 2017
  13. Making AVAST Go Away?

Wonder why it didn't offer me Avast then? Ah, who knows anymore? I switched from Avast when they bought AVG and want nothing more to do with them myself. Still it bothers me that Piriform would be doing this. Silly I know but........

14. Nope, I hadn't heard that. Hmph, now I have a quandary....................................

15. Considering Switching myself, but taking it a little slower, as been using Avast for like 10 years since 2006, maybe 11 years lost count now. Anyways it works pretty well for most part, not sure i'll stay with it after Fall Creators update, will see

as for Ccleaner, the install dialog has changed since last version, so maybe it's the new Avast install way, who knows why some offered Avast and some not offered it

Welcome Piriform to Avast!
    Annouced on July 19th 2017

AMDMan2016, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

Making AVAST Go Away?

1. Making AVAST Go Away? - Similar Threads - Making AVAST Away

2. how can i make it go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make it go away?: i need someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-it-go-away/29f5a9e5-39a7-4ade-aafa-53f94c85aaac
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  5. Please help me make this go away!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me make this go away!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thewaffless [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrwif/please_help_me_make_this_go_away/
  6. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  7. Make One Drive go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make One Drive go away: I just transferred all of my documents from my old computer to my new one. For some reason it looks like they all went to One Drive. I do not use One Drive as I spend half of my time in areas with no internet access. I want to move all of my files to my computer and not...
  8. Outlook Sign in - make it go away!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Sign in - make it go away!: Suddenly in the last week or so I was given the gift of the new Outlook. I don't really like it but I can learn to live with all the wasted screen space - I'm sure Microsoft developers know what's best for me!!. However, now almost every time I try to check my emails I get...
  9. Making MSN go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Making MSN go away.: So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a...
  10. Need to make "Phone Companion" go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make "Phone Companion" go away: When I plugged my Canon camera in today to move some photos I got a new option window, one option was to use the usual Photo Transfer utility, the other was a new Phone Companion option. Curious, I clicked on Phone Companion to see what that was about. (stupid - stupid...