Windows 10: Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane

Discus and support Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve tried everything I could find at this point. Boot camp doesn’t work with external drives because that would make things too simple. I thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thegloblolab, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane

I’ve tried everything I could find at this point. Boot camp doesn’t work with external drives because that would make things too simple. I thought I had it with unetbootin but install.win is too big for fat32 and my pc doesn’t support exfat because that would make things too easy. I tried following some commands on terminal but I couldn’t get that to work either. I even tried to install an older version of Windows 10 I found off a random site but the install came up with an error. If you guys have any solutions please let me know but at this rate I’ll probably just have to wait till I can get my hands on someone else’s pc.

submitted by /u/thegloblolab
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thegloblolab, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane

Make second drive bootable

Thanks guys. The first drive is actually now in another computer. I was trying to cheat to make the drive that was the second drive bootable. I downloaded Partition Wizard Bootable CD and was able to make it the primary drive, but that still didn't work since it had installed BOOTMGR on the first drive. Secondly, I'm short one DVD drive ATM. I'll have a new DVD drive here on Friday and then I will try newtekie's suggestion, mostly out of curiosity. It has 32 bit on it now and I'm going to give 64 bit a try. Anyone have the RC1 64 bit ISO?

thebluebumblebee, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane

1. Making bootable usb from Mac is going to drive me insane - Similar Threads - Making bootable usb

2. my wifi adapter is making me go insane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi adapter is making me go insane: after a while of my wifi adapter being online it will just stop with the error "Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&SUBSYS_818B10EC&REV_00\019181FEFF4CE00000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: netrtwlane01.inf Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: RTWlanE01...
  3. my wifi adapter is making me go insane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wifi adapter is making me go insane: after a while of my wifi adapter being online it will just stop with the error "Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_818B&SUBSYS_818B10EC&REV_00\019181FEFF4CE00000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: netrtwlane01.inf Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: RTWlanE01...
  4. my wifi adapter is making me go insane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  6. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  7. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My pc is going to drive me insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc is going to drive me insane: Disclaimer: this might turn into a rant. For the past who knows how many months, my pc has been a laggy mess. And today has arguably been the worst. Basically, for no apparent reason, my pc will just stutter a bit and then return back to normal. But the frequency at which...
  9. Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac

Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac: Hey everyone, need some help creating a bootable windows 10 USB drive with a MacBook Pro 2017 era. From what I’ve gathered I can’t use windows media creation tool, and boot camp assistant on my computer will not allow me to set my USB as the destination for the ISO files....
  10. Making a bootable drive for windows 10 on Mac

Making a bootable drive for windows 10 on Mac: Hi, I'm still having issues with my pc and want to do a clean reinstall of windows 10, all I have access to right now is a Macbook. Is there any way I can do this without using Boot Camp Assistant? (as thats not possible anymore after MacOS mohave) I've followed a few...