Windows 10: Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD

Discus and support Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've installed a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in my Dell Inspiron 3580 core i3, Windows 10 Home version 20H2, 64 bit PC. Currently my windows is in HDD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChittaranjanDas1, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD

I've installed a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD in my Dell Inspiron 3580 core i3, Windows 10 Home version 20H2, 64 bit PC. Currently my windows is in HDD, Drive C 99.2 GB, free space 50.4GB. I want to make a copy of my windows in the installed SSD one of two drive, Drive H150GB and want to boot from SSD drive H, 150GB every time. I also want to keep the windows in the Drive C in HDD. Is it possible? If yes, could you please guide me to do that?

:)

ChittaranjanDas1, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Augus7 Win User
    Windows 10 no longer bootable on SSD

Hi

So my current situation is

• I have two drives (HDD and SSD), both with Windows 10
    • The issue I am having is booting from the SSD
    • The SSD is still healthy
    • I have not booted from this SSD for 1 year. But it is still accessible from my HDD

What should I do to enable booting from the SSD?

How do I extract the Windows 10 license from the SSD?

Regards

Augus7, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD

Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD

1. Making Bootable Windows 10 on SSD from HDD - Similar Threads - Making Bootable SSD

2. How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?: I would like to know on how to format a new SSD and make it bootable.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-new-ssd-and-make-it-bootable/85e69edd-d8c8-4369-a045-d00184c95b72
  3. Transferring Windows 10 to a SSD from a HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 to a SSD from a HDD: I'd like to install Windows 10 on a new internal SSD and use the current HDD for data storage only. Can the Windows 10 Installation Media tool be used to remove Windows from the HDD and install it on the new SSD, leaving all files and folders on the HDD. When I install any...
  4. Windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 from hdd to ssd: Just bought a new ssd and was about to transfer windows to it from hdd. Was wondering if its worth to do this after formating the pc or before because im gonna format it anyway. submitted by /u/PixieSword [link] [comments]...
  5. transfer of windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer of windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I have windows 10 pre installed on my laptop, OPM. it now on my hdd, I want to transfer it from hdd to ssd which I install by myself . is it possible? or not? if possible please explain the process....
  6. Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD: So I'm upgrading my current PC replacing mobo, cpu, ram, and adding an m.2 ssd but I would like to transfer windows 10, and only windows 10 to the ssd to be the boot drive and game storage device while keeping the hdd and what's on it intact, what would be the best way to go...
  7. Migrating Windows 10 from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Windows 10 from HDD to SSD: Hello, I am wondering if I just could migrate just my OS to an SSD doing the migrating process. I don't want to copy my whole HDD to my new SSD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-windows-10-from-hdd-to-ssd/411f6021-060f-4c04-84ff-9717fdf94012"
  8. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i...
  9. How to make SSD bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make SSD bootable: I have an emachine desktop. I bought a Toshiba 1GB SSD that operates through a USB cord. My intention is to clone my emachine hard drive to the SSD portable drive and then plug it into a desktop computer and boot from the portable SSD so I have access to all my programs with...
  10. Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10: I will be upgrading my hard drive to an ssd and due to the smaller size i can't just copy the entire disc so i figured i should do a clean install as i have a bunch of junk on my current install and had some questions. 1.First is how will i activate the new version of...