Windows 10: Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done

Discus and support Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a scheduled task set to run once per week. It executes a batch file that uses 7zip commands to zip a folder. It looks like: Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SeanFilidis, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done

Hello,

I have a scheduled task set to run once per week. It executes a batch file that uses 7zip commands to zip a folder. It looks like:

Code: @echo off taskkill /im "plex media server.exe" 7za u "D:\odrive\Amazon Cloud Drive\Plex\plexbackup.7z" D:\plexdata -mx0 -up1q0r2x1y2z1w2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\plex media server.exe"[/quote] The script works exactly as I want to, and it runs on schedule once per week in the middle of the night, according to the settings in Windows Task Scheduler. The final line that displays in the CMD window is "Everything is OK" which is the 7zip signal that everything went as expected. My problem is that the CMD window that displays the progress while the script is running does not disappear after it is done. This is annoying for me because the machine is a home theater PC, and the prompt appears on top of my home theater app. In order to get rid of it, I have to hook up my remote keyboard and mouse.

How can I make the CMD window go away when it is done?

Thanks

:)

SeanFilidis, Mar 18, 2016
  2. Adamstrix Win User

My pc shutdowns 30 sec after I turn it on

So basically, my computer turns of after about 10-30 secs. Before that I get a message with "your computer is about to shutdown in 2 mins" and I figured out that if i went quickly in cmd and typed "shutdown -a" it will prevent it then i get a little pop
    up in the lower corner which says "your task task schedule has been cancled"

My problem is, how in the world do I make this go away, I have had my computer in about 3 days. It is annoying to type the command everytime I open my pc to stop it from auto shutdowns. It is making me go nuts. Please can anyone help me with this problem?

Adamstrix, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Crowlord3 Win User
    Micro-stutter when background changes. Windows 10 (14939.187)

So I've had this problem for a little while and somehow it went away, I'm not sure how. But after updating my graphics drivers the stutter is back. I have done almost everything from clean installs to uninstalling graphics drivers and reinstalling them.
    I've scanned the system with no results as well. Anyone else having this sort of problem? The stutter also happens when I click on the battery icon in the task bar or when I open display settings.

I have done a clean boot and that does not fix the problem. However using a program that uses the dGPU makes the stutter stop. Disabling either of the GPUs makes the problem go away as well.

Is this a problem with Windows? or a problem with my system?

Crowlord3, Mar 18, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done

Use exit as the last line of the script should do it.

JohnC, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Exit is not doing it.

Normally typing exit in the CMD will shut it down, but in this case it doesn't.

The last line displaying in the window is: "Everything is OK"

It remains at that, so I don't think it is processing the exit command.

There must be another way to make this happen.

SeanFilidis, Mar 30, 2016
  6. Hydranix Win User
    7Zip returns after it's finished executing, Which means a command window will exit.

Are you sure that Plex media server.exe isn't holding the command prompt open? Try this instead.

Code: @ECHO OFF TASKKILL /IM "plex media server.exe" 7za u "D:\odrive\Amazon Cloud Drive\Plex\plexbackup.7z" D:\plexdata -mx0 -up1q0r2x1y2z1w2 START "" /B "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\plex media server.exe"[/quote]

Hydranix, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Thanks. This worked. What is different about using the start command instead of just calling it?

SeanFilidis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done

1. Making CMD Go Away After Task Is Done - Similar Threads - Making CMD Away

2. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. Please help me make this go away!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me make this go away!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thewaffless [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrwif/please_help_me_make_this_go_away/
  5. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  6. Make One Drive go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make One Drive go away: I just transferred all of my documents from my old computer to my new one. For some reason it looks like they all went to One Drive. I do not use One Drive as I spend half of my time in areas with no internet access. I want to move all of my files to my computer and not...
  7. stuff doesnt go away after i'm done using it

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuff doesnt go away after i'm done using it: for example, I click on the date and time stamp on my computer and the calendar pops up, I click on it again and then the calendar will disappear for a short moment and then it will pop back open but I don't want it to. how can I stop this from happening?...
  8. Outlook Sign in - make it go away!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Sign in - make it go away!: Suddenly in the last week or so I was given the gift of the new Outlook. I don't really like it but I can learn to live with all the wasted screen space - I'm sure Microsoft developers know what's best for me!!. However, now almost every time I try to check my emails I get...
  9. Making MSN go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Making MSN go away.: So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a...
  10. Making AVAST Go Away?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making AVAST Go Away?: Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.* in Explorer and am still left with this: [img] A run of CCleaner Registry check came up clean. So, can I safely just...