Windows 10: Making display color cooler in Windows 10?

Discus and support Making display color cooler in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm aware that I can use night light to make the display warmer, but I'm looking to do the reverse and make the display even cooler than normal, where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Forgotten_King, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Making display color cooler in Windows 10?

I'm aware that I can use night light to make the display warmer, but I'm looking to do the reverse and make the display even cooler than normal, where whites look more blue. I also tried color calibration settings but it doesn't look right. I'm comparing it to my TV.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

submitted by /u/The_Forgotten_King
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Forgotten_King, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

I wonder why nobody has suggested the OP to make a screenshot of display showing these "washed out colors"? Everything I have read in this thread suggests that the issue is not in Windows, but instead in display / monitor.

My suggestion: next time you'll see these washed out colors, make a screenshot and post it here. If the screenshot shows us that colors are OK, then the issue is your monitor failing.

Tutorials you might need:

Kari, Apr 8, 2021
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Awful washed out colors in Windows 10. Happens intermittently

Because...

4. Making display color cooler in Windows 10?

Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Making display color cooler in Windows 10?

1. Making display color cooler in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Making display color

2. Display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color: Everything on my desktop has turned the color of beige. All folders open in beigey-white with darker beige framework. This is also happening with all Internet windows and the task bar has gone beige as well. I have no idea how this happened.I'd appreciate some advice as to...
  3. windows 10 home color display

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home color display: i cant for the life of me seem to match the colors of my laptop to my phone and other devices. I've spent a ton of time in "calibrate display color" and the Intel graphics command center trying to balance the color and levels and I can get it to match better, but nowhere...
  4. color of display

color of display: I have a lenov ideapad s145 and it has a yellow tint on every white color. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-of-display/97f33bea-c76b-4ab5-af99-321ca244a124
  5. color of display

color of display: I have a new Lenovo laptop. I am dissatisfied wih the way the colors appear on the screen. They look browned out. Not true to the colors as they usually look on my other devices. Adjusting the brightness did not help. I want true blue, yellow, red, etc....
  6. COOLER WINDOWS ICON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COOLER WINDOWS ICON: Icons are fun and make you want to make folders. I'm always looking for a reason to make some folders with these fun icons. if you want some better icons than what windows has to offer : http://www.iconarchive.com/ [IMG]...
  7. Color Display

Color Display: I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, but I'm stumped. I closed out of a PDF Converter that automatically popped up when I'm online. When I did, all the colors on my computer went to black. I managed to fix my desktop, tool bar, and internet colors. However, the...
  8. display color

display color: my daughter changed so much on my display that the colors are off. I have recovered to factory settings 2x but still no help the colors are so off im not sure what they were originally which I am looking for. any suggestions...
  9. display colors

display colors: When i upgraded to windows 10 on my toshiba laptop the display changed from black printing on a white background to blue printing on a black background which i can"t read. my old eyes aren't working so well any more and i would like to switch back to the black on white. a...
  10. Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10: How to: Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 How to Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 Windows comes with the Display Color Calibration wizard tool. You can improve the color on your display by using Display Color Calibration to make sure that colors appear...