Windows 10: Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

Discus and support Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is again another thread about Downloads folder annoyance, that is Microsoft default folder view settings for this folder. When I upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iAlcatrazZ, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

This is again another thread about Downloads folder annoyance, that is Microsoft default folder view settings for this folder. When I upgrade to version 1903 and this happens to me, there a question that keeps coming up in my head, why in the world would Microsoft just makes Windows 10 more annoying in the new version than the old one??? Just why??? OK I get it MS, you want to help bring convenience to Windows users and attract more users to Windows 10, that's good idea. But the one you fullfill that idea is way too dull. Why would you have to force a folder to have a specific folder view by default while users can customize the folder view as they like and there are also tools to back up and restore folder view settings for all categories everytime they reinstall windows 10. Why don't you just make an actual Windows Interface/Experience Manager that gives users options to customize and backup and restore folder view settings, application windows default location, size, .... . And you know what there has already been a tool for that, that is Actual Windows Manager, please take a look at it, it let users customize Windows Interface/Experience as they like and let them back things up for later restoration. For Christ's sake please make Windows 10 an operating system for everyone, not just for a specific group of users that need something like managing there Downloads by time by default, while a lot of users want to manage there files by type. Even if you can see from the telemetries you collected from us that the percentage of users that love to do thing in a way is more than others, please don't make the folder view reset to "default" every the minority want to sync the folder view for every folder in General category. Thank you so much for that if you make manage to make it happen in the next cumulative update

:)

iAlcatrazZ, Nov 2, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 2, 2019
  3. oli_ramsay, Nov 2, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

95Viper, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

1. Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much - Similar Threads - Making Downloads folder

2. Folder View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder View: Does anyone know how to set ALL the Windows 10 folders to the same view and 'group by' setting? It's very tedious to have to go through every single folder to set them to be the same. Can this be done with a registry tweak?...
  3. Annoying Problem in Library folder view

Annoying Problem in Library folder view: -so say i have multiple directories in a give library music library for example ,when i click the down arrow to collapse /expand one directorie's view ,after i refresh the other follows suit ,can anyone please tell me how to fix this ?the upper image show how i want it to be...
  4. Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020: What I want (/had, pre-recent update): Folder View Large Icons, Sort by Date Modified (Descending), Folders before loose files. The Problem: Can't Customize system's default Computer/Downloads folder (Read Only); Can't create working shortcut to actual...
  5. Folder view

Folder view: I want to change ALL my folders to show MEDIUM ICONS, even the default folder. So far everything I have tried has failed. The default view still comes up as DETAILS.. What is the best way to do this? Can DETAILS view be deleted? I will even consider using a registry hack if I...
  6. View in "Downloads" folder in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View in "Downloads" folder in windows explorer: My Downloads folder sorts my downloads by name but it also sorts them by date categories. Exp: Yesterday - Last Week - Last Month - A Long Time Ago. I didn't have those time divisions before, they were just sorted by name. How do I get the Yesterday - Last Week - Last Month -...
  7. View of Downloads Folder Windows 10

View of Downloads Folder Windows 10: When I download a file I want to save it in my Downloads Folder. Lately I get a view of the files and subfolders based on when they were downloaded. I do not want this view. Never used to have this view. I just want to see the normal list of subfolders and files. I don't need...
  8. Making OneDrive folder view only

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Making OneDrive folder view only: I had several people working with me in my shared OneDrive folder (and sub-folders). Now we want to give view only rights to some people and better control who can edit files. I have removed all shared links and added two new links--one view only and another for edits (with...
  9. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766
  10. Folder Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Views: Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember column width? The way things display seem random. Generally it will either be list view or details, but sometimes, for example, I...