Windows 10: making fonts bold therefore easier to read

Discus and support making fonts bold therefore easier to read in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaureenClarkNZ, Aug 8, 2018.

1. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

Hello

I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included.

I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on most websites. I see this (pun intended) as an accessibility issue, and I am sure I am not alone in making this request.

Are there any options besides enlarging the font size, to make all fonts seen in BOLD?

And does Mircosoft really care about accessibility issues for those who have mild/moderate issues?

warm regards

Maureen

:)

MaureenClarkNZ, Aug 8, 2018
  2. lageneral Win User

how to make fonts bold in folders? very hard to read - the fonts are very light color

how to make fonts bold in folders? very hard to read - the fonts are very light color

lageneral, Aug 8, 2018
  3. PJM_58 Win User
    Bold font

unfortunately that didn't help. I'm still getting that bold font. I'm not sure which it is but Arial seems to be the go to font. I tried to uninstall the Bold one and was unable to do so. They said it was protected. Any other suggestions?

PJM_58, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

making fonts bold therefore easier to read

How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

Clear type allows you to make the text on screen in Windows easier to read. You just run the tuner and pick the text that looks best in each section.

The Chrome extension allows you to override text (font) and background color on webpages for:
    • All sites.
    • Current page
    • All Pages

Callender, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

making fonts bold therefore easier to read

1. making fonts bold therefore easier to read - Similar Threads - making fonts bold

2. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  3. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  4. Balloon Bold Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  5. need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this

need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-fonts-to-bold-fonts-hard-to-read/7aa4b780-85e8-426a-95f9-c14b02420ff5
  6. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  7. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  8. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read: When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck,...
  9. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  10. Making menu and font text bold.

Making menu and font text bold.: I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the features of bold lettering to make a document easier to read

2. download aftermarket fonts to make type easier to read in win 10

3. bold making a document easier to read