Windows 10: Making Google Chrome on Windows faster with PGO

Discus and support Making Google Chrome on Windows faster with PGO in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Chrome is always looking for ways to speed up the web. Starting in Chrome 53, Chrome has started using Microsoft’s Profile Guided Optimization (PGO)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Making Google Chrome on Windows faster with PGO

Source: Chromium Blog: Making Chrome on Windows faster with PGO

Brink, Oct 31, 2016
  2. kado897 Win User

Not sure what's new here. Successful program optimisation has always concentrated on improving the most heavily used code if you are coding for speed. If you are coding to reduce size that's a different matter.

:)

kado897, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    is firefox or google chrome going to be available for windows phones - Nokia 920?

No, Google will still use WebKit for Chrome, but they are making their own copy of it to benefit their browser faster.

Entegy, Oct 31, 2016
  4. rayvieira Win User

Does Google Chrome work under Windows 10?

Original title: Compatibility

Hello,

I do not use Internet Explorer as my main browser! I use Google Chrome which is faster and easier.

Does Google Chrome work under Windows 10?

Thank you!

Ray

rayvieira, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Making Google Chrome on Windows faster with PGO - Similar Threads - Making Google Chrome

2. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  3. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  4. Google Chrome is now faster on Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome is now faster on Windows 10 and Windows 11: Browsing the web on Google Chrome for Windows 10 and Windows 11 is now faster than ever thanks to new under the hood improvements. Both Microsoft and Google have been trying to reduce the priority of background tabs by throttling JavaScript. So far, the efforts have reduced...
  5. Google Chrome 91 is 23% faster on Windows and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 91 is 23% faster on Windows and other platforms: Google Chrome, which is built on Chromium, is getting another speed boost that Google hopes will help its browser run faster at all times on platforms like Windows 10. The change is available with Chrome 91 and it’s rolling out to Windows 10 and macOS users in the coming...
  6. Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS: Last year Google introduced support for “back-forward cache” on Android, which enables instantaneous page loading when users navigate using backward or forward button. As per a new document spotted by us, Google Chrome 92 update will also enable default support for...
  7. Need browser faster than Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need browser faster than Google Chrome.: So chrome is really slow and takes a lot of ram even though the performance is good, so Im searching a lighter browser and that equals chrome in performance, what do you recommend? submitted by /u/valigomm [link] [comments]...
  8. Google chrome keeps making laptop restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome keeps making laptop restart: So whenever i try to open google chrome my laptop restarts and it shows the blue screen with the sad face and i even tried reinstalling it but still didnt work please give me a solution to this....
  9. How to make Google Chrome my browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Google Chrome my browser: Operating Windows 10. How do I get rid of "ASK" and make Google Chrome my main browser please? Thank you. RonB88 157876
  10. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...