Windows 10: Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files

Discus and support Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In short: I have to make ~500 USB-sticks containing loads of documentation, most of which will be identical. However, each stick will have several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Briilee, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Briilee Win User

Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files

In short:
    I have to make ~500 USB-sticks containing loads of documentation, most of which will be identical. However, each stick will have several unique files on it as well.

Does anyone know of a way to make this less tedious?
    Currently my tactic will be to put the non-unique pack on the sticks, then manually drag over the unique files. This done in batches of ~20 (or however big a USB-hub I can find).

I'd be interested in some way to rename USB-sticks in batches as well.

Thanks in advance

Briilee, Feb 1, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Hrish Win User
    Best way to make a bootable WIndows 10 image on USB with all existing softwares, drivers & configurations to deploy on identical hardwares?

Best way to make a bootable Windows 10 image on USB with all existing software, drivers & configurations to deploy on exactly identical hardware?

There is no difference in the hardware we want to deploy that image on.

Planning to deploy this image on over 4000 desktops of same hardware configuration and make and model.

Is there a freeware/opensource/free software that we can use for this purpose commercially?

can you suggest a solution and KB article where it's step by step explained how to achieve it or do it?

Hrish, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files

How can I compare 2 file folders in Explorer to see if they are identical with information?

I am trying to compare 2 file folders on my laptop and USB drive. I want to open them at the same time and do some sort of file compare to make sure they are identical. Can anyone suggest the steps to do this? Thank you!

MaryDeMoss, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files

1. Making hundreds of USB-sticks with ALMOST identical files - Similar Threads - Making hundreds USB

2. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  3. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  4. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  6. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  7. Making a USB Boot Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a USB Boot Stick: I keep getting Error 0x8004255A-oxA001B. Three times, on different USB sticks. Please Advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-usb-boot-stick/ddd8a4e8-1408-4446-bb1e-b5837d145275
  8. Different speeds for two identical USB sticks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different speeds for two identical USB sticks: A few months ago I bought a set of 2 SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3 sticks, one red, one blue (easier to reference that way). They're plugged in to two USB3 ports via 1 metre USB3 cables. For some reason they transfer at different speeds. The blue one transfers 35-40MB/sec, the red...
  9. Transfer files to USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files to USB stick: I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome....
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...