Windows 10: Making MSN go away.

Discus and support Making MSN go away. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shihni, Dec 22, 2015.

1. shihni Win User

Making MSN go away.

So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a NAS. This HTPC has a shiny new install of windows 10, and thus far the only things I've reinstalled is firefox, Kodi and a skin (for Kodi). Firefox was set to default, and as normal the default homepage was changed to "blank". For luck, I also reset IE (or whatever its called now) to have a blank homepage as well. But for some reason beyond my comprehension, every single time I connect to a network (whether it be mine or my neighbour's abyssal wi-fi) Firefox will magically open and try to show me MSN. It was doing it to me on my mostly-offline laptop as well when adding the MAC addresses to my router - a router I might add that hasn't had an active internet connection in months. Why in the blue frig does Windows seem to think I give a rat about MSN, and how do I make this go away? Considering how often my desktop drops its connection to my neighbour's wifi, the number of extra tabs it would open is terrifying and is making me wait to upgrade lol.

:)

shihni, Dec 22, 2015

2. error message 0x800610ab

Hi Bruce. Yes it is asking to call tech support but I don't know if it is legitimate or not. I's making a beeping noise that won' go away. using Msn

lindahayslett, Dec 22, 2015
  3. LCRT Win User
    Rplacement Passive Step Tracker for MSN Health?

it's not MSN health, it's MSN Health and Fitness.

you just need to launch the app, it'll notify you that it's going away soon. other MSN apps will no longer exist either (food, travel, maybe others).

you CAN use the Microsoft Health app as a replacement (if it is available in your Region), but it is much worse for the same effect than the MSN Health & Fitness.

4. CountMike New Member

Making MSN go away.

That's FF doing it, not Windows. You can set any start page/s or even blank page if you want to. My is set to Google for instance.

CountMike, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Making MSN go away.

1. Making MSN go away. - Similar Threads - Making MSN away

2. how can i make it go away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make it go away?: i need someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-it-go-away/29f5a9e5-39a7-4ade-aafa-53f94c85aaac
  3. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  4. How to make it go away ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it go away ?: Hello please someone help me understand why this pc hardware diagnostic UEFI keeps showing out of nowhere, like whenever I'm using my laptop it'd block and stop working and then it would shut down and this menu with memory test and hard drive test shows up and even when i hit...
  5. Please help me make this go away!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me make this go away!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thewaffless [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrwif/please_help_me_make_this_go_away/
  6. Explorer: Making libraries go away

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: Making libraries go away: In File Explorer, I have unchecked "Show Libraries" and have added a subfolder of a subfolder of Documents to my Quick Access list. When I open the folder from QA, it expands to appear under Libraries > Documents > Documents > and so on, rather than in the main list headed by...
  7. Make One Drive go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make One Drive go away: I just transferred all of my documents from my old computer to my new one. For some reason it looks like they all went to One Drive. I do not use One Drive as I spend half of my time in areas with no internet access. I want to move all of my files to my computer and not...
  8. Outlook Sign in - make it go away!

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Sign in - make it go away!: Suddenly in the last week or so I was given the gift of the new Outlook. I don't really like it but I can learn to live with all the wasted screen space - I'm sure Microsoft developers know what's best for me!!. However, now almost every time I try to check my emails I get...
  9. Making AVAST Go Away?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making AVAST Go Away?: Updating the latest CCleaner installed AVAST even with me unchecking the box to install it. I ran the AVAST uninstall, then did a search for *avast*.* in Explorer and am still left with this: [img] A run of CCleaner Registry check came up clean. So, can I safely just...
  10. Need to make "Phone Companion" go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make "Phone Companion" go away: When I plugged my Canon camera in today to move some photos I got a new option window, one option was to use the usual Photo Transfer utility, the other was a new Phone Companion option. Curious, I clicked on Phone Companion to see what that was about. (stupid - stupid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go away msn