Windows 10: Making my new pc a trusted device

Discus and support Making my new pc a trusted device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently installed a new pc and every time that I go to do some on-line banking I have to use the card reader to log on. This seems to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeoffLees, Sep 4, 2020.

1. GeoffLees Win User

Making my new pc a trusted device

I have recently installed a new pc and every time that I go to do some on-line banking I have to use the card reader to log on.

This seems to be because I have not got the new pc listed as a trusted device.

I have been trying to follow the instructions that I have found on the internet, of which there are quite a few and, I find that none of them actually work.

I don't seem to be able to get the screens that the instructions say that i should. I can't get the system to send me a code and I don't get the option to tell it that I sign in frequently on this device and not to ask me for a code.

When I go into my Microsoft Account there is not a 'security and password' section, they are two separate items but, going into either of them does not yield any satisfactory result.

There is mention of 'Removing Trusted devices' but I can't even see mine listed if I wanted to remove it, which I don't, I just want to get it added.

I have looked at old threads on the subject but none of them are of any help.

Once again, any help will be much appreciated.

:)

GeoffLees, Sep 4, 2020

2. Trust Device

Hi Joanne,

Adding your device to your Microsoft account trusted list is easy. Just follow the steps on this
    link and you're good to go.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gemzon Mar, Sep 4, 2020
  3. "Trust this PC" Can't make purchases in Windows store on W10

Hi Merrilee,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting prompt ''Trust this PC" while trying to purchase in Windows Store. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to refer the section 'How do I mark my device as trusted?' from below Microsoft article and follow the steps.

Trusted devices

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Making my new pc a trusted device

trusted devices

I have changed my hotmail account password using my pc. This account is also set up in my iphone and normally my iphone device would ask me to enter the new password. However, my hotmail account works fine on my iphone and when I check on my pc the connected
    devices to my microsoft account, it only shows the pc.

How did this happen? And if this is a matter of "trusted device" where could I see a list of all my trusted devices?

Thank you

EleniFotaki, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Making my new pc a trusted device

1. Making my new pc a trusted device - Similar Threads - Making trusted device

2. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to make my app trusted for my users?: HelloI created an app exe , But when somebody downloads it warning message appears, I want my exe to be trusted with Windows, How is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-app-trusted-for-my-users/96249dee-2e02-4e4e-91db-10389f5905b8
  3. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my app trusted for my users?: HelloI created an app exe , But when somebody downloads it warning message appears, I want my exe to be trusted with Windows, How is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-app-trusted-for-my-users/96249dee-2e02-4e4e-91db-10389f5905b8
  4. How to make my app trusted for my users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Making my pc a trusted device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Making my pc a trusted device: I have recently purchased and installed a new computer. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit - v1909 - Build 18363.1082 One of the most frustrating problems that I have at the moment is when I go into on-line banking. I am asked all of the time to log in using the card reader and...
  6. Making my pc a trusted device

in Windows 10 Support
    Making my pc a trusted device: I have recently purchased and installed a new computer. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit - v1909 - Build 18363.1082 One of the most frustrating problems that I have at the moment is when I go into on-line banking. I am asked all of the time to log in using the card reader and...
  7. trusted devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    trusted devices: I have changed my hotmail account password using my pc. This account is also set up in my iphone and normally my iphone device would ask me to enter the new password. However, my hotmail account works fine on my iphone and when I check on my pc the connected devices to my...
  8. trusted device list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trusted device list: Hello I would like tro know if I can see a list of my trusted devices. I have had a hgue hack / security intrusion which continues today. I believe to be an ex business partner. I keep having outlook accounts and live accounts created using my domain that then are synced to...
  9. 'Trusted Device' Question

'Trusted Device' Question: I'm planning to 'untrust' a Device (Laptop) from my Microsoft Account so that, if my Laptop gets lost or stolen, I'm at less risk. I'm assuming I will still be able to use the 'untrusted' Device to sign-in, but will be prompted to Enter - not only my Email Address and...
  10. Delete Trusted Device

Delete Trusted Device: How do I delete a trusted device? My laptop had some stolen info from a virus. The hard drive was erased because of that virus. I need to delete from one drive also....