Windows 10: Making or receiving phone calls Windows 10 (tablet with 3G)

Discus and support Making or receiving phone calls Windows 10 (tablet with 3G) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a similar model, I think is Q702 Apart from being a hybrid tablet/laptop (you can use it as a Windows 10 tablet or connect it to the docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spapakons, Apr 5, 2018.

1. spapakons Win User

Making or receiving phone calls Windows 10 (tablet with 3G)

I have a similar model, I think is Q702 Apart from being a hybrid tablet/laptop (you can use it as a Windows 10 tablet or connect it to the docking station with keyboard and touchpad and transform it to a laptop) it runs standard Windows 10 for x86 CPUs. So it is like any other Windows 10 PC with a SIM slot so you can also connect to the internet by 3G. As far as I know when buying a 3G modem you can use your provider's software (eg Vodafone Mobile Connect) to have 3G access and also send or receive SMS messages. I wonder is there is any Windows app or desktop application that can also dial through the SIM card essentially transforming this laptop to a (huge) smartphone as well. Is there any? At least is there any that allows you to send or receive SMS messages?

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

Hello!

If this has been asked before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Also move this thread to the relevant section.

I recently got a Fujitsu Stylistic hybrid tablet/notebook that has 3G support. I tried my SIM card and I could connect to the internet just fine. I just wondered, is there any application to allow me to make or receive phone calls using my SIM card? Can I also send/receive SMS (text messages) ?

Thank you in advance!

:)

spapakons, Apr 23, 2018
  3. grschinon Win User
    selling o2 iphone upgrade to buy N97

Not only is the N900 unable to send (or receive?) MMS messages, but its 3G subsection is for data only, not for calls. So, that means no high-quality audio for calls like you get over a 3G call, and no video calling.

Remember, the N900 is an internet tablet that also allows you to make GSM calls and send/receive text messages. It is NOT a phone first and foremost.

grschinon, Apr 23, 2018
  4. farby Win User

Not receiving or making calls

Remove the SIM and put it back and then try..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

farby, Apr 23, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Making or receiving phone calls Windows 10 (tablet with 3G) - Similar Threads - Making receiving phone

2. I need help making and receiving calls on the link to phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help making and receiving calls on the link to phone app: My phone wont connect with my laptop Bluetooth. I keep getting an error message saying couldn't connect when I try connect my phone to my laptop Bluetooth and that's preventing me from using the receive and make call option in the link to phone app on my Windows 10. I need...
  3. Your Phone - no audio when making / receiving calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone - no audio when making / receiving calls: HelloI am using the Your Phone app, version 1.21111.123.0, on a laptop Windows 10. I have it paired with my Samsung Android phone. Both Windows 10 and the Android OS are up to date.I can control the phone, send SMS, see photos. I can even make / receive calls from the app....
  4. Your Phone - no audio when making / receiving calls

Your Phone - no audio when making / receiving calls: HelloI am using the Your Phone app, version 1.21111.123.0, on a laptop Windows 10. I have it paired with my Samsung Android phone. Both Windows 10 and the Android OS are up to date.I can control the phone, send SMS, see photos. I can even make / receive calls from the app....
  5. Your Phone app will not connect to my android phone for making/receiving calls

Your Phone app will not connect to my android phone for making/receiving calls: When I try and pair my android S9 phone with the "Your Phone" app so that I can use the app to make phone calls, the pairing box in windows does not open completely and is not stretchable so that I can click on the 'Pair" button. How am I suppose to pair my phone in that app?...
  6. Cannot receive or make calls using Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot receive or make calls using Your Phone app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft’s Your Phone App allows you to receive and make calls once it is connected to the computer. However, if you are facing issues that […] This post Cannot receive or make calls using Your Phone app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. There is a way to make phone call from LTE tablet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is a way to make phone call from LTE tablet?: I need to buy a tablet with LTE for work but I need to use this for make phone call too. Anyone have suggestions about that? submitted by /u/ArmStrongers [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epouui/there_is_a_way_to_make_phone_call_from_lte_tablet/
  8. You can soon make, receive Android phone calls from Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon make, receive Android phone calls from Windows 10: Windows 10’s Your Phone app bridges the gap between desktop and Android smartphones, allowing you to send and receive texts right from your PC. Windows 10 Your Phone app was recently updated with screen mirroring support and it looks the Redmond firm is preparing another big...
  9. Windows 10 Pro making Phone calls...

Windows 10 Pro making Phone calls...: So with the demise of Windows 10 Mobile, can we look forward to seeing the "Phone App" and "Messaging" being allowed to be utilized by companies who manufacture laptops and tablets that use Windows 10 Pro so that their devices can use the already installed sim card to make a...
  10. Making Bluetooth phone calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making Bluetooth phone calls: Hi, In windows 7 you could pass phone call audio through your PC via Bluetooth. This seems to have been removed from 10. Has anyone found a work around? Thanks 49651

Users found this page by searching for:

1. making calls from windows 10 tablet