Windows 10: Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side

Discus and support Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to know if there's a possibility to install some software or change values in either group policy editor, registry editor or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jan Kustra, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side

Hi, I wanted to know if there's a possibility to install some software or change values in either group policy editor, registry editor or PowerShell/cmd to change the position of scaled icons (which are pinned to the taskbar to one way) and not scaled icons (which are visible when the app is open) to the other side of the taskbar. I mean by this to prevent the normal behaviour if you open the pinned app which is in the middle of other apps (like you open chrome when you have on the left pinned also messenger and firefox and on the right mail and microsoft shop) to remain it stay in the middle, I'd rather push it most likely to the right and left the other pinned apps on the left.

Some images to show how I'd like to customize the task bar to prevent so automatically when the app is opened and closed:

Before:

Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side 4b2a0276-2b5c-4893-9a80-8efe74df6945?upload=true.jpg

After:

Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side 9e57645f-89cf-4626-a443-ee97b5254162?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jan Kustra, Apr 29, 2019
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Apr 29, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side

1. Making pinned icons on the taskbar move the desired side - Similar Threads - Making pinned icons

2. Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error: Good Afternoon,This morning, I just tried to uninstall an application on my Desktop, when it suddenly crashed and restarted my Desktop.Somehow, the taskbar just moved to the right side and shows nothing but this picture attached in the...
  3. Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11: Hi.I would like to move my taskbar to the left side of the screen in Windows 11. The taskbar is better placed on the left side of the screen than at the bottom because it takes up less space. Vertical space is more expendable than horizontal space as we have more of it on...
  4. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  5. How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...: How can I flip the taskbar like this shown in the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-system-tray-icons-to-left-side-of/9d657933-546a-46a6-91e9-955b1e73600c
  6. How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...: [ATTACH] I managed to get the middle part of my taskbar onto my second monitor, but the right side of it isn't on it. Is there a way for me to do so? submitted by /u/Popular-Troller [link] [comments]...
  7. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  8. Taskbar pinned apps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar pinned apps moving: I just got a new computer running Win10 build 1909, and my old computer was running 1709. In 1709 my pinned apps would stay in the order they were pinned. I found this useful as I would use the keyboard shortcuts to open the first 3 pinned apps i.e: Win+1 to open Sticky...
  9. Can you pin some icons to the left side of the taskbar and others to the right side?

Can you pin some icons to the left side of the taskbar and others to the right side?: Was wondering if it was possible to place some program icons on the left side of the taskbar (next to the windows logo) while others on the right side of the taskbar next to the tray. As seen here [ATTACH] [IMG] (both these images were made using photoshop and I have not...
  10. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?: So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move a icon on taskbar to a difference position

2. HOW TO SHOW TASK BAR ICONS SIDE BY SIDE

3. windows 10 how move icon from taskbar?

4. task bar preven apps from opening side by side,
  5. move icon from taskbar to desktop windows 10