Windows 10: Making place on the SSD drive after upgrading to Win 10

Discus and support Making place on the SSD drive after upgrading to Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Is there some files/directory/ backup / etc that I could remove from Win 7 after having upgraded to Win 10? My SSD drive (240 GB ) is 80%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Aug 11, 2015.

1. arjfca Win User

Making place on the SSD drive after upgrading to Win 10

Hello

Is there some files/directory/ backup / etc that I could remove from Win 7 after having upgraded to Win 10?

My SSD drive (240 GB ) is 80% filled

Martin

:)

arjfca, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 / second HDD

I have 2 hard drives - SSD and HDD.

Win 8.1 on SSD, Win 8 on HDD.

After upgrading to Win 10 on SSD, I cannot see the second HDD.

I enabled the port in bios (you can see the HDD in Bios, but it was disabled) after that the Win 10 restored to Win 8.1.

Any ideas how can I upgrade to Win 10 + have the second HDD?

Thank you.

michaelmedvedi, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Add second drive to advanced start up screen

I had a dual boot setup Win 10 and Vista. I installed a SSD drive in the Vista spot and cloned Win 10 to it.

Had to remove the Win 10 drive and put the SSD drive in it's place so i could boot from it.

I then hooked up the old HDD with Win 10 in the Vista spot.

How do i get both drives to show up so i can pick which drive i want to run as the Start up option screen doesn't appear.?

Hope this makes sense.

ImGlockman, Aug 11, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

If you're quite sure that you will never wish to roll back to Win7, you can remove windows.old plus some installer files for 10.

The proper way to do that is by using Disk Cleanup. (It's under Windows Administrative Tools.) Use the Cleanup System Files button.

The large deletion will be windows.old. It's a compressed image of your Win 7 installation.

I imaged my Win7 installation before the 10 upgrade, so getting rid of the rollback stuff is not a problem for me.

bobkn, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Making place on the SSD drive after upgrading to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Making place SSD

2. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  3. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  4. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  5. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  6. In place upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 length

In place upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 length: I started an in place install of Win 10 Home onto a pc running Win 7 Pro + 8GB RAM. For the past two hours it's been checking the pc. Is this normal? Options?...
  7. In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?

In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?: I have a two SSDs in my computer with windows 10 installs on them, lets call them A and B. Something is wrong with startup files on B and no matter what i try, i cant boot into it. I can boot into A however, and can access B once inside of A and access all of B’s files. I...
  8. Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive

Reinstalling Win 10 to a SSD drive: I have a desktop that I built myself I bought and installed Win 7 as it was the latest OS at the time. Eventually I did the free upgrade to Win 10. My question is I bought a new SSD drive and would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it . Since I only have the win 7...
  9. In Place Upgrade To Win 10. No Ability to Make Changes/Read Only/User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    In Place Upgrade To Win 10. No Ability to Make Changes/Read Only/User: Hi, So as many have done I did an in-place upgrade to windows 10 from 7 For about 21 days now I have been trying to figure out what to do. Basically every single drive I have doesn't allow for me to do anything. They are all marked read only and changing them back looks...
  10. Install after upgrading to SSD drive

Install after upgrading to SSD drive: I have a desktop one with windows 10 and the other with windows 7. I like to install a SSD drive on the window 7 PC and put 7 back on or if i have to install windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what the best way to go about this. I wanted to keep one of my pc with windows 7...