Windows 10: making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0

Discus and support making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have got 3 usb ports in my laptop. 2 of which are specified 2.0 (let's call them Ports A and B) and remaining 1 runs usb 3.0 perfectly (Port C) I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by salukhe, Nov 20, 2018.

1. salukhe Win User

making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0

I have got 3 usb ports in my laptop. 2 of which are specified 2.0 (let's call them Ports A and B) and remaining 1 runs usb 3.0 perfectly (Port C)
    I use USB mouse on Port A and USB keyboard on Port B. However, Port B is a bit loose, it's been used countless times, so a little shake on the keyboard wire or the laptop disconnects it and it gets bugged. I have to restart pc to fix it and reconnect usb keyboard.
    Yesterday, I went to sleep without disconnecting the usb keyboard from port 2.0. When i woke up, port was bugged but this time it was different. Restarting windows didn't fix it. When I connect the keyboard usb, it makes Connect Sound and Disconnect sound in windows repeatedly and the following "WINDOWS DIDN'T RECOGNIZE THE USB". In Device Manager it shows "Device Descriptor failed". I can say It's dead.
    I want to work around it and get my Port C (3.0) to work for my keyboard. It had never worked previously. So I went to BIOS and disabled xHCI (which apparantely controls 3.0 functions) so disabling it would make the port 2.0. I disabled it and after the windows boot. It still says Windows Doesn't Recognize this USB. It should work for my keyboard right? Should I reset the usb drivers with installation package? how do i do it (there's no option for delete driver software)?
    In Device Manager > USB... I have the following;
    2x Generic USB Hub
    Intel 8 Series USB Enhanced controller #1 9c26
    USB Composite Device
    USB Root Hub

:)

salukhe, Nov 20, 2018

2. help with raid 0

in pre post hitting tab key

initializing usb done
    12280 mb ok
    usb devise 1 mouse
    Auto detect sata port 1 cd
    2 cd
    3 ocz vertex turbo 1.4
    smart capable & status ok
    4 wdc ----
    smart status ok
    6 wdc ---
    smart status ok

now I finish post and next see intel matrex storage:
    raid volumes

id name level stripe size status bootable
    ssd raid 0 stripe 128k 178.8 normal yes

port serial size type / status

2 ocz ---- 59.6gb member disk 0
    3 wdc ---- 931.5 gb member disk 0
    5 wdc --- 931.5gb member disk 0

Ok, my question is in first auto detect my ports are listed 3-4- and 6
    in the intel matrix storage ports are listed 2-3- and 5 ??? is this my problem and if so how did this happen .

Glazierman, Nov 20, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Nov 20, 2018
  4. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0 - Similar Threads - making port usb

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???: I scanned my hp laptop for viruses with malwarebytes and quarantined them. It was only then when I actually pressed delete on them that my computer became so slow. The virus was pretty bad because after log in, all the desktop icons and taksbar would take around 10 mintues to...
  6. Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8: [ATTACH] So today Asphalt 9 just updated the latest car hunt event and I purchased the same car hunt pack 12 for Apollo N three times, my email received the receipt from Microsoft Store and my bank balance was deducted with the same number I paid for the transactions,...
  7. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?: I don't want "why?" as response so background first. I have a PC with ultra fast Pentium 4 3.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM, 60GB IDE HDD as a boot drive and freshly installed Windows 10 PRO (PLEASE don't ask why) which was used only for Power Point presentation. Now it is assigned a new...
  10. USB 2 port not working

USB 2 port not working: The USB 2 port on my HP Pavillion laptop doesn't work; Device Manager doesn't recognize the port but there is power at the port and it will run a charger. The MS USB Troubleshooter responds with, "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed." I've...