Windows 10: Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Discus and support Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by runbei, Nov 19, 2019.

1. runbei Win User

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated having to mouse-click the scrollbar area to (maybe) see the scrollbar handles which were a very, very light gray.

I tried other suggested tweaks - changing scrollbar handle color in the registry, etc. - but none of them worked. I'm happy with the WinAero fix.

:)

runbei, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Mele2000 Win User

How to make all vertical scrollbars in Windows 10 wider and be present always

I have a 24" widescreen monitor for a desktop running Windows 10 Pro 1709, 16299.334 and I need wider vertical scrollbars on ALL windows. I have been able to make them wider for SOME windows by editing the registry and in Windows Metrics changing the scroll
    height and width to -500. That works great for my browsers and some other windows. That, however, does not work for much of Windows itself such as Settings where the scrollbar remains so tiny I can barely use it and, thus, which discourages me from making
    changes and makes it unpleasant and frustrating to try and work with such an extremely unnecessarily narrow scrollbar on a very wide monitor. The scrollbar is also very narrow and almost invisible if I use Start/all apps - so tiny I can't scroll the apps.
    These are just some examples of how registry settings I have changed have not taken effect in some parts of Windows. Why is this? How do I fix it?

Also, a related issue that I want to know how to fix: How do I stop the vertical scrollbar from disappearing from my screen or not even being there at all? (Such as its behavior in IE 11 which I would use more frequently if the scrollbar stayed visible
    at all times). The vertical scrollbar should be there all the time as well as being the width I set it for!

Mele2000, Nov 19, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Scrollbar ridiculously hard to see, can colors be changed?

Like many, I have serious problems seeing the scrollbar to the right of web pages, Windows Explorer windows, and any window that is long enough to use the scrollbar.

The light gray on white color combination has to be the dumbest thing Windows has ever come up with, especially making it fade to an even lighter gray when your mouse isn't over it, making it next to impossible to find.

I want the scrollbar to simply be black or have some kind of way to make it more visible, without having to resort to a high contrast setting for all of Windows. I tried setting the Scrollbar colors to 0 0 0 in the Registry, but that didn't do anything.
    How in the heck do I change the color to make it more visible?

Microsoft, fix your s**t. This is absolutely stupid.

Cani Lupine, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

1. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Making scrollbars more

2. How can I make the cursor appear more visible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make the cursor appear more visible?: When on night-time mode, the cursor is hard to see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-cursor-appear-more-visible/b9834c44-135c-4097-9074-9be043ee61b1
  3. Make Windows 10 more secure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Windows 10 more secure: Hello, since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it. Against live-boot from other media: I have enabled bitlocker encryption, so booting from a live-stick (e.g. Linux) should not give...
  4. How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?: When activating Snip & Sketch the grey coloured crosshair for selecting square areas to be snipped is barely visible against the darkened background. This makes is difficult to quickly locate the crosshair and draw the selection. Is there any setting for the app that could...
  5. Scrollbar

Scrollbar: Can anyone solve this for me? I'm seeing a vertical scrollbar on everything I've even noticed it on CMD. I haven't messed with my graphics settings and can't say when this first started. submitted by /u/Skinnykins8 [link] [comments]...
  6. Making pointer visible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making pointer visible in Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop. My mouse pointer has disappeared. My settings large pointer, reverse color pointer are fine, but I can only find my pointer by hitting Ctrl. I'm sure it's operator error, but I can't figure out what I'm missing....
  7. How to make active taskbar window more visible

How to make active taskbar window more visible: I have about 10 windows open on the taskbar and the active one is a very minimally different shade making it hard to quickly find the correct window. Is there a way to change this? I tried high contrast theme and thought it was perfect at first because it let me pick the...
  8. Making a file visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a file visible: Hi :) My install of Sony Vegas is not working; it crashes when performing a render. I understand this is not an app-specific board, but I have narrowed down the issue, and am thinking this might be a W10 thing. The crash spits out an error, which tells me that an exe file...
  9. How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?: My father finds it hard to see the window minimise /resize / close icons as shown below. [img] I've tried increasing the title bar size but this doesn't make much difference. The high contrast theme does provide more contrast for these icons but the rest of the display...
  10. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 News
    Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello: [img] When we started building Windows 10, the team spent a lot of time and energy thinking about how to make computing more personal. We want your devices to recognize you, to understand what you’re saying… we want the experience to go wherever you do and we want you to...