Windows 10: Making Space on C:\ Drive with AppData

Discus and support Making Space on C:\ Drive with AppData in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 120GB C:\ drive and a 1TB D:\ where I store my data. The AppData folder on the C:\ drives takes up almost 40GB of space and even with using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tjgarland, Feb 22, 2021.

1. tjgarland Win User

Making Space on C:\ Drive with AppData

I have a 120GB C:\ drive and a 1TB D:\ where I store my data.

The AppData folder on the C:\ drives takes up almost 40GB of space and even with using the disc clean-up tools, I'm nearly always getting a red bar on my C:\ drive saying it's close to full.

How can you reduce the size of the AppData folder so I have more space on my C:\ drive?

:)

tjgarland, Feb 22, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CMaking Space on C:\ Drive with AppData :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Making Space on C:\ Drive with AppData - Similar Threads - Making Space Drive

2. C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?: My C Drive has 180 GB of storage; out of which 104 GB is being used by installed apps and 13GB by system but calculating manually only 16 GB is actually being used by the installed apps. I tried cleaning up but it's still the same I don't understand what is happening....
  3. C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?: My C Drive has 180 GB of storage; out of which 104 GB is being used by installed apps and 13GB by system but calculating manually only 16 GB is actually being used by the installed apps. I tried cleaning up but it's still the same I don't understand what is happening....
  4. How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?: On my Hyper-V host Windows Server 2019, C drive need to be extended but the unallocated space which was shrunk from D volume, is not next to C. How can I move the free space to be on the right side of C?...
  5. How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?

How to Make Unallocated Space Contiguous to C drive ?: On my Hyper-V host Windows Server 2019, C drive need to be extended but the unallocated space which was shrunk from D volume, is not next to C. How can I move the free space to be on the right side of C?...
  6. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  7. AppData trouble and c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData trouble and c drive: When i press Win key + R and type %appdata% it asks me how i want to open the file and also when i click the hidden items option in files and go into This PC C drive doesnt show up, please help....
  8. AppData trouble and c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData trouble and c drive: When i press Win key + R and type %appdata% it asks me how i want to open the file and also when i click the hidden items option in files and go into This PC C drive doesnt show up, please help....
  9. AppData trouble and c drive

10. Making Space to C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making Space to C drive: Hello My SSD is nearly full. I know that on it there is some file that I don't use that originate from past new hard disk installation. Question: - Is there a way to know witch system file is obsolete and not in use anymore? - How to know what is populating my drive...