Windows 10: Making speaker balance permanent

Discus and support Making speaker balance permanent in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hopefully this one is simple... Windows 10 Pro. I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GracieAllen, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Making speaker balance permanent

Hopefully this one is simple...

Windows 10 Pro.
    I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound balanced. I found the speaker settings and balance in the properties and adjusted things to my liking. But it appears that when I rebooted the PC it went back to the default. VOLUME appears to be persistent across reboots, but as near as I can tell, balance isn't...

How do I make the balance setting persistent?

:)

GracieAllen, Jan 5, 2018

2. Speaker Balance resets when volume is turned down to minimum? How can I permanently set balance?

I can set the balance on my speakers in Windows 10 using the Speaker Properties window but even after clicking
    apply if I turn the volume all the way down to zero and then back up to normal listening levels
    the balance goes back to default.

How can I set the balance permanently ??

TylerMason, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Only coming out the left side, Headphones.

Check Balance

Right click on Speaker icon in your system tray

Click Playback Devices

Right click on Speaker / Microphone > Properties

Under Levels tab > Click Balance

Make both L & R to 100

Reboot your computer

E for Excel, Jan 5, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Making speaker balance permanent

Hi, just checked this- my setting is retained.

I looked at two possible ways that might let you set this programmatically, but neither nircmd nor Autohotkey seem to support changing the balance settings.

dalchina, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

Making speaker balance permanent

1. Making speaker balance permanent - Similar Threads - Making speaker balance

2. Speaker Balance Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Balance Bar: I can get the speakers volume balance adjustment bar on my speaker property setting. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-balance-bar/ed50bece-da20-495a-9da8-de062fc46e88
  3. Speakers Make Noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers Make Noise: I am a Windows 10 user. All of a sudden this happens anytime anywhere I am in the system my speakers make noise. Can anyone help with this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-make-noise/f6e9a455-bf0a-4bad-b553-75bfe6c3d42a
  4. Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing

Speaker Levels Balance Slider Missing: Hi, I can't see any slider apart from the main sound slider in my speaker settings. I have that : [ATTACH] And i need that : [ATTACH] I do not have any Microphone or Line In slider. Do somebody know how to fix that ? Thank you, ArthusWQZ...
  5. Make view of a USB permanent

Make view of a USB permanent: I routinely view the contents of one particular USB stick, and am interested ONLY in the name and size of the files. I can select those two column headings to be the only ones to show, but once I have SAFELY removed the stick and then re-insert it and look again, that...
  6. Speakers balance changes

Speakers balance changes: I have computer speakers that are going through some balancing acts whereby when playing video online the right speaker will stop playing. I get off video or news, etc. or offline, and testing through the Realtek audio manager/controller the left speaker goes out. Testing...
  7. Is there a permanent fix for Realtek left/right balance bug Win10?

Is there a permanent fix for Realtek left/right balance bug Win10?: I am using an older Asus Maximus VI motherboard with built-in sound using Realtek tech. Since upgrading to Windows 10 a few years ago, I have an on-going bug where my left / right balance will favour the left side. The balance is set to equal. The only workaround for this is...
  8. Make Caps Lock Permanent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Caps Lock Permanent: Hey all! Quick question for you all - does anyone know of a way to make Caps Lock permanent through the registry? I've found plenty of reg fixes to disable the caps lock button, but I'm wanting a way to make it so that caps lock will always stay on. We have a specific piece...
  9. W10 speaker balance

W10 speaker balance: How do I balance speakers, L-R, in W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-speaker-balance/0c590a4e-2be1-45ea-bd8f-213a3c1813b0
  10. Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers

Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers: When I try to balance the sound from my left and right bluetooth speakers in sound settings, they increase/decrease simultaneously. It didn't happen before. I'm using Windows 10 pro. How to solve this issue?...