Windows 10: Making sure I buy the right windows key

Discus and support Making sure I buy the right windows key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey there I recently got a message on the bottom right corner of my screen saying I need to activate windows and I also got error code 0xC004C003.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PerLundquist2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Making sure I buy the right windows key

Hey there

I recently got a message on the bottom right corner of my screen saying I need to activate windows and I also got error code 0xC004C003. Windows then told me that I have a Win10 Home key and Win10 Pro installed. I was wondering, before I buy anything, if purchasing a Win10 Pro key and typing it in will fix the issue. The store isn't letting me access win10 Pro right now and I don't know why

Thanks!
    ~Per

Making sure I buy the right windows key 2ac7ff2f-182c-4be6-ac9e-b0f6b4e286bd?upload=true.png

:)

PerLundquist2, Nov 8, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 8, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Making sure I buy the right windows key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Making sure I buy the right windows key

1. Making sure I buy the right windows key - Similar Threads - Making sure buy

2. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  3. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  4. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need to install Windows 10 Pro and make sure I have admin rights when done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to install Windows 10 Pro and make sure I have admin rights when done: I have read alot on the forums about not having admin right on Windows 10. I've done the 4 or 5 suggestions to enable the built-in administrator that are out there with no luck. Resigning to doing a clean reinstall. I see instructions on how to get W10 installed, but need to...
  6. Need to install Windows 10 Pro and make sure I have admin rights when done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to install Windows 10 Pro and make sure I have admin rights when done: I have read alot on the forums about not having admin right on Windows 10. I've done the 4 or 5 suggestions to enable the built-in administrator that are out there with no luck. Resigning to doing a clean reinstall. I see instructions on how to get W10 installed, but need to...
  7. Need to install Windows 10 Pro and make sure I have admin rights when done

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to make sure that the PC you are buying is Windows 11 compatible

in Windows 10 News
    How to make sure that the PC you are buying is Windows 11 compatible: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system will be released in October 2021 with updated system requirements that make the majority of old and many not-so-old PCs incompatible with the new operating system. Manufacturers such as HP, Dell or Asus will release devices that are...
  9. These the right updates (just making sure)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These the right updates (just making sure)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlippingBLEEP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9ksa/these_the_right_updates_just_making_sure/
  10. buying windows keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    buying windows keys: Hi, I am about to build a new computer and upgrade from a laptop. In my laptop, I connected my windows activation key with my microsoft account. For my new computer, will I need to buy a new Microsoft activation key or will I be able to just connect my microsoft account and...