Windows 10: Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application)

Discus and support Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having some weird gaming-related bugs, and the solution I'm working with right now is to reinstall steam and, for good measure, geforce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevonJeremy, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application)

I've been having some weird gaming-related bugs, and the solution I'm working with right now is to reinstall steam and, for good measure, geforce experience because it seems to have broken itself around the same time as my other problems (although, to be fair, I haven't opened the application itself in a while). After some searching, I found that one the ways to do this was to go to "Apps and Features", find "GeForce experience" click it and hit uninstall. To my surprise, when I did this I got a popup that said "allow Windows Host process (rundll32) to make changes to your device". Again, looking through google, I found that this is a file on my computer by default but also a common fake name used by viruses. Is there a way I can be certain that I'm not breaking anything? Or is there an easier way to do this entire process? I'm a little out of my league here, so any help would be much appreciated.

:)

DevonJeremy, Jun 21, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Jun 21, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application) :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application)

Mail and calendar app don`t work, can`t be removed, and uses 20 GB !

thank you, I tried again and it worked!

Omar AlSmaeil, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application)

1. Making sure I don't give myself a virus (trying to uninstall an application) - Similar Threads - Making sure don't

2. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  3. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...: Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says that the file can't be found but it's hijacking my searcjes...
  4. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...: Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says that the file can't be found but it's hijacking my searcjes...
  5. Can't uninstall virus, I have this virus named bbwc and when I try to uninstall it it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make sure I permanently deleted a virus on Windows 10?: Hi, I downloaded a program last night and once it was in my download folder my PC was freezing and Microsoft Defender was saying my PC had a virus. I was able to delete the file. Today I noticed that my PC was going a little to quite a bit slow. Is there a way I can make...
  7. I'm not sure if I have a virus and if so I don't know how to fix it

I'm not sure if I have a virus and if so I don't know how to fix it: I recently opened task manager to be greeted with this red tint covering some of the coloums where as before it was standard grey colour over the whole interface of the task manager. I don't know if I have a virus I have done several anit malware scans and nothing has...
  8. i need to make myself an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need to make myself an administrator: Hi i was trying to remove my password from my pc beacuse i was annoyed from the password so i opened netplwiz and selected my account my only account to be standard user and now when ever i try to open netplwiz to change that i can't it says that i need to enter user name and...
  9. Giving Myself Admin Powers

Giving Myself Admin Powers: Hello, I have 1 account only that dosent have administrator, I cant give myself administrator, I have tried everything, And nothing works. Please give me tips on how to give administrator to myself. Thanks...
  10. Error when I open some applications "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when I open some applications "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try...: There are certain applications on my computer that do not open for unknown reasons. I've tried photoshop and steam and neither of them open but both come up with the same error Just different file paths. I've attached a screenshot, please help! I've tried updating pretty much...