Windows 10: Making sure you are ready to Install

Discus and support Making sure you are ready to Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DragonFireDon22, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Making sure you are ready to Install

In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes.

Making sure you are ready to Install [​IMG]

So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long?

Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever.

:)

DragonFireDon22, Apr 6, 2017

2. making sure you're ready to install

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to upgrade to Windows 10 even after spending many hours on it.

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation Tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link to download Windows 10 ISO Media:

Download Windows 10

You may also refer to the below article “Windows 10 Install and Upgrade Top Solutions “by Suzy G and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olutions/a59d8a6a-18da-417b-93a6-7b6ab4d03896

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 6, 2017
  3. ErikMeier Win User
    making sure you're ready to install

I spent ages downloading everything, so that I would be able to install win 10. Than I started the install. It then sat on a screen for 17 hours which stated "making sure you're ready to install" "this will take a few minutes" "Please wait". 6 little dots
    kept going around in a circle for the 17 hours before I cancelled the upgrade.

I have I7-3770K 3.5 GHZ CPU and fast DDR3 memory running win 7 pro. I have another computer running Win 7 ultimate. The computer has now being running for 1 hour cleaning up before it closes (this will take a few minutes). So far I'll have to say it is not
    worth upgrading to Win 10. Nothing installed in a period of 24 hours, what a wast of time and energy. I've had just about every OS since the old DOS days and this would have to be the worst ever.

WHY, IS IT SO BAD.

ErikMeier, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Making sure you are ready to Install

1. Making sure you are ready to Install - Similar Threads - Making sure are

2. Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade fails on making sure you're ready to install: Windows 11 update keeps failing. I am trying the upgrade assistant. Goes through everything and when checking for updates, fails. Now it's at Making sure you're ready to install and it fails....
  3. Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?: Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install windows 11 and when it gets to to the part "Making sure you're ready to install" it closes immediately. what should I do? I tried running the setup again but it's still like this....
  4. Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 setup Making sure you're ready to install closes?: Can anyone help me? I'm trying to install windows 11 and when it gets to to the part "Making sure you're ready to install" it closes immediately. what should I do? I tried running the setup again but it's still like this....
  5. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  6. Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 setup stuck at "Making sure you're ready to install": Hello. I have Windows 10 Education 22H2 installed and I downloaded the Windows 11 Installation assistant to install Windows 11. My PC is compatible with Windows 11.The setup has been stuck at the "Making sure you're ready to install" part for over 30 minutes. I cannot go back...
  7. Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "Making sure you're ready to install": After I could not install update KB 4535680-it gave error 0x800f0922 Windows 1909 x64 an adviser sent the Media Creation Tool 21H1.exe which I downloaded and installed, by which time the adviser had ended the chat. Anyhow I ran it but now got stuck on "Making sure you are...
  8. "Making Sure You're ready to Install"

"Making Sure You're ready to Install": Hi All, I have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 Pro for days. It has been stuck at "Making Sure You're ready to Install" for hours (Let it run overnight). I want to upgrade rather than clean install. I have tried this latest time with no internet connection...
  9. Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10

Stuck at 'Making sure you’re ready to install' Windows 10: I have purchased Windows 10 to upgrade my Windows 7 Lenovo Z580. When I run the Media Creation Tool it gets stuck at 'Making sure you're ready to install'. I've updated Windows 7 and uninstalled my own security software. What else can I do? 139197
  10. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install": Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and security essential's real time protection... but after leaving it stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" for more than 12...