Windows 10: Making the hdd main storage space

Discus and support Making the hdd main storage space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a new pc, I have a 512 gb m.2 ssd, and a 2tb hdd. So my boot drive is the ssd. It contains all of the windows stuff. My question is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/danojr, Feb 27, 2020.

1. /u/danojr Win User

Making the hdd main storage space

I recently built a new pc, I have a 512 gb m.2 ssd, and a 2tb hdd. So my boot drive is the ssd. It contains all of the windows stuff. My question is, how do i safely transfer the folders like (Desktop, documents, downloads) into the hdd? And how do i make the contents save into the hdd, not ssd? I want all of non boot stuff out of the ssd.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/danojr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/danojr, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Hugh_020 Win User

Storage spaces and Samsung HDD

I have just upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. With win 7 I had a RAID 10 setup with 3 Samsung HD drives and a single WD HDD. All drives are 1TB. I have installed a Samsung NVMA on the M/B and have installed the new OS on that, so I want to use the 4 HD drives
    as a storage space instead of a RAID. I selected all 4 drives to create a PARITY storage space but the space accepted only the WD drive and reported a connection problem for the other 3. All 4 drives are visible in Disk Manager and are functioning as stand
    alone drives. When I tried to add the drives (one at a time and all together) to the storage space they were NOT added and were then reported as unformatted in Disk Manager. How do I get storage spaces to add these 3 drives?

Hugh_020, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Show storage space in This PC

I can't get This PC to show the storage space bars for my drives and I've done all that's been suggested in this thread.
    Any ideas why I might not be able to make the storage space bars show?

Geosammy, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Making the hdd main storage space

Show storage space in This PC

Make sure you have the "Tiles" option selected in the "View" tab.

Making the hdd main storage space [​IMG]

joeypent69, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Making the hdd main storage space

1. Making the hdd main storage space - Similar Threads - Making hdd main

2. C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?: My C Drive has 180 GB of storage; out of which 104 GB is being used by installed apps and 13GB by system but calculating manually only 16 GB is actually being used by the installed apps. I tried cleaning up but it's still the same I don't understand what is happening....
  3. C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive storage space doesn't make sense?: My C Drive has 180 GB of storage; out of which 104 GB is being used by installed apps and 13GB by system but calculating manually only 16 GB is actually being used by the installed apps. I tried cleaning up but it's still the same I don't understand what is happening....
  4. HDD Storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD Storage: I was wondering why my 1Tb hard drive has only 931gb, i ruled out that it wasnt because of my os because thats on a seperate drive. Does any one know? submitted by /u/NotCaidzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v12gjo/hdd_storage/
  5. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  6. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat: I was using storage spaces with 2 storage drives configured to mirror.I reformatted my main system drive and installed a fresh windows 10, but I can't figure out how to get my storage space back.The drives appear in device manager, as well as disk manager, however they do not...
  7. Storage Spaces after a main drive reformat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Storage spaces and Samsung HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces and Samsung HDD: I have just upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. With win 7 I had a RAID 10 setup with 3 Samsung HD drives and a single WD HDD. All drives are 1TB. I have installed a Samsung NVMA on the M/B and have installed the new OS on that, so I want to use the 4 HD drives as a storage...
  9. Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium7 (free) to clone main 1TB HDD to 3TB HDD -make bootable?: Hello all, So I'm simply trying to upgrade from a 1 TB HDD to a 3 TB HDD. I was hoping, rather than backing up all of my data, and doing a fresh install of windows, then reinstalling everything - to instead do a simple clone, but make my main data partition bigger, taking...
  10. Storage Space cannot see all my HDD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space cannot see all my HDD's: I have Windows 10 Pro I just installed on a Dell XPS with 12GB of Ram. I have 3 drives: My OS is on a Samsung SSD. My data is on a 3TB HDD partitioned into D: (Data) and E: (Video). I also have another identical 3TB drive. I used the latter drive as a mirror on Win 7 for my...