Windows 10: Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Discus and support Making the taskbar Edge icon white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to give my Windows 10 a uniform white icon design. I have gotten nearly every app white except one: Edge. The simple solution would be to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PloKoon, Oct 2, 2018.

1. PloKoon Win User

Making the taskbar Edge icon white

I'm trying to give my Windows 10 a uniform white icon design. I have gotten nearly every app white except one: Edge. The simple solution would be to remove it from the taskbar, but I use Edge and I like the look of it on my taskbar, so I am keeping it there.

I found the perfect white Edge icon and tried to apply it through properties on the Edge desktop shortcut. I unpinned and repinned Edge from the taskbar, but it is still blue on the taskbar! Does anyone know what to do here? This is really bothering me.

:)

PloKoon, Oct 2, 2018
  2. res0khor Win User

white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

Edge icon has as far as I know always been white stylised letter E on blue background (left in screenshot below), Internet Explorer icon ( right in screenshot) blue on transparent background.

Making the taskbar Edge icon white [​IMG]

When pinned to Taskbar Edge icon is blue on transparent background by default:

Edge shortcut on desktop is again white on blue background:

Have you maybe changed the icon manually?

Kari, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Making the taskbar Edge icon white - Similar Threads - Making taskbar Edge

2. Can't change icon for edge on taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't change icon for edge on taskbar: I have changed the icon for edge to this on my desktop. But when I launch the shortcut, the icon becomes the default one on my taskbar. How do you fix this? Windows Version: 20H2 179718
  3. Can't change icon for edge on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change icon for edge on taskbar: I have changed the icon for edge to this on my desktop. But when I launch the shortcut, the icon becomes the default one on my taskbar. How do you fix this? Windows Version: 20H2 179718
  4. Taskbar icon making spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon making spaces: When i open an app and in the taskbar the app make spaces like its not near from the other apps in the taskbar and how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-making-spaces/ef0a740c-49a5-4db3-a030-7d2d29d7076e
  5. Edge icon missing in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon missing in taskbar: Greetings, [img] I followed the instructions to install the new Edge side by side with Edge legacy. Now the icon for Edge legacy isn't showing on the taskbar. I've tried rebooting. What else can I try? Thanks, Shane. 149471
  6. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  7. edge icon missing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge icon missing on taskbar: edge icon missing on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-icon-missing-on-taskbar/ee5d51f6-6eb6-498f-9e29-0f6a4d5f9db9
  8. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  9. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626
  10. Make taskbar icons bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make taskbar icons bigger?: Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white line under Microsoft edge icon in taskbar