Windows 10: Making W10 Safe

Discus and support Making W10 Safe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dlw45, Oct 26, 2019.

1. dlw45 Win User

Making W10 Safe

Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why.
    I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work, there were 22 hackers on my account. I dumped W10 immediately.

Now what I need is to be able to run Sketchup on W10 SAFELY. I followed a few sites on how to make W10 safe but obviously they did not work. Can someone point me toward ways to run W10 SAFELY?

:)

dlw45, Oct 26, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Making W10 Safe

Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help - Office Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Making W10 Safe

1. Making W10 Safe - Similar Threads - Making W10 Safe

2. How to make W10 as light as possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make W10 as light as possible?: I have VM install of W10 to inspect files from suspicious sources. Booting is takes waay longer than it should probably due to unnecessary services. I gave it 10gb RAM and 4 cores of my 12 core 4,3 GHz How to make it as light as possible? I'm gonna disable Themes, auto...
  3. Best way to make W10 lightweight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to make W10 lightweight?: I just bought a HP Stream with 32GB storage. It runs Windows 10, but I was shocked, to say the least, at the fact it only has 3GB of free storage. What can I do to make the install as light as possible? submitted by /u/thattonybo [link] [comments]...
  4. W10 V 2004 safe to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 V 2004 safe to install?: Just rec'd, via Windows update, that a new features update 2004 is available to install. I've read various post saying it has lots of issues. So the question is should I just stay with V 1903 for the time being until I see more positive comments regarding the 2004 issues? I...
  5. Making W10 Safe

in Windows 10 Support
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  6. Password issues with W10 in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password issues with W10 in Safe Mode: Laptop: HP Spectre x360 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I went thru the basic setup on a brand new laptop and used the face recognition feature for logon. As I was having an issue with installing some software that runs on Win7, I was advised by the software...
  7. Can Microsoft PlayReady be safely removed in W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Microsoft PlayReady be safely removed in W10?: Hi - I've been questioning PlayReady for some time now and I wonder if it can be safely and completely removed. For those not familiar with it, see here... Code: https://www.microsoft.com/playready/[/quote] Opinions? *Zip 114264
  8. W10 Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Safe mode: I have been told that you can enter Safe Mode in W10 by holding the Shift key at startup and tapping the F8 key, do you know if this is correct? (I had a crash after holding he shift key so didn't get any further) 34008
  9. How to safely remove W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to safely remove W10?: I installed W10 in a E: partition and after trying it I prefer to remove it. I had boot problems lately in this laptop after formating and deleting the partition as I have always done to get rid of some testing OS. It didn't boot at all and needed to reinstall W8.1 wasting...
  10. Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating: How can I make Windows 10 shutdown instead of hibernating? Everytime I shutdown, then turn my PC back on, I have to do a hard reboot because VeraCrypt gets all confused. 48965