Windows 10: Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

Discus and support Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] When we started building Windows 10, the team spent a lot of time and energy thinking about how to make computing more personal. We want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

Source: Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

:)

Dave44, Mar 16, 2015

2. windows "hello option" not available on windows 10 home sl

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

You have to have a supporting hardware on your computer to get it work. Refer to the following link and check if that helps you.

Windows Hello

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello - Windows Experience Blog

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance

Ruth Buruga, Mar 16, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    set up camera to take picture when password is entered incorrectly

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

The option which you are refer to is not available as of now. You may always provide a feedback using the Feedback app in Windows 10.

However we have a secure and a easy way of accessing the account with Windows Hello, request you to refer these links to know more about it.

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More
    Secure with Windows Hello

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello - Windows Experience Blog

Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Windows Hello und Datenschutz – Microsoft-Datenschutz

Hope this helps.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2015
  4. gzt7d8 Win User

Hmmm, that could be interesting. Wonder when we'l see it.

gzt7d8, Mar 16, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh well.. a solution looking for a problem??

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  6. You could be right.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 16, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    *Thumbs

Winuser, Mar 16, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Things like that are nice but honestly,, I don't see myself making any use of that. What's so hard to enter a password??

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  9. ARC1020 Win User
    When setting up facial recognition password, do it with your mouth wide open, one eye closed and your head sideways. If asked to unlock against your will, use head in 'normal' position. LOL.

Personally, I think I'll stick with "something you know". Don't want to have to worry about people stealing my head as well. *Biggrin

ARC1020, Mar 17, 2015
  10. chrisa Win User
    Nothing at all.

But then, if you truly believe the actual entry of the password was the problem they were looking to solve, I'd be shocked.

The problem with passwords is they tend to be obscenely easy to hack and very easy to forget. By moving to biometric entry, it solves both problems by making the possible front-end permutations far more infinite, while at the same time not requiring you to remember the password for every site you've ever been to.. or the more common tactic of saving passwords in a local file.

Heck.. these days you might as well just put in garbage for your password that not even you will remember, set it to remember the information.. and when it finally wants you to enter it again weeks or months later, simply reset the password and do it again.

But seriously, the sooner we get away from passwords the better.

chrisa, Mar 17, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    No.. the password is a nice way to protect a PC, IMO. I don't trust using a fingerprint and I don't think I want to spend money to get something to just do the same thing as entering a password. *Wink

And I can recall a password and I change mine so hacking is not an issue.. oh and I make mine complex also.

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    Have you seen demolition man? Especially the part where the criminal uses an ATM. Enough said.

groze, Mar 17, 2015
  13. chrisa Win User

Ahh... so we imagine gangs of roving criminals snatching phones and cutting out eyeballs to access them?

chrisa, Mar 17, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Really,, that is beyond funny .. and very unlikely to occur. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    There are already a great many Laptops out in the wild that came stock with a finger print reader, hence the industry is already ahead of Microsoft , and other OS manufactures on that front. Also the readers are really a great way to protect your data and personal crap from being buggered. . .The future is already here, albeit again there are those who just cannot seem to get with it. . .but hey some don't want it, thus there is no reason for them to use it, however there will be those who do want it, and will use it. . .good luck to both sides. . . *Wink

Thema:

1. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Making More Personal

2. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  3. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  4. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Make Windows 10 more secure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Windows 10 more secure: Hello, since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it. Against live-boot from other media: I have enabled bitlocker encryption, so booting from a live-stick (e.g. Linux) should not give...
  6. Windows Security - Learn More

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Learn More: Some may not be aware of this and some may find the info available enlightening, interesting. > Windows Security 'dashboard'. > any category & at the top-right is Windows community videos...
  7. Is there no more person to person Chat Support for windows 10?

Is there no more person to person Chat Support for windows 10?: No more free remote access tech support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-no-more-person-to-person-chat-support-for/7c9a6d98-cfbd-4bd2-9d8d-59d375dda290
  8. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10: Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated...
  9. Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before

Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before: Ladies and Gentlemen This Is a very Nice Guide to secure your windows 10 I value the information on here , and I had fun with it I pass it on to any one who values security I hop you enjoy it and you find it a good read Enjoy Harden Windows 10 - A Security...
  10. Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?

Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?: I want to make my Windows 10 Pro PC more secure from something like a robbery or where my physical PC is in danger, not from a threat like a hacker or something on the internet who gains access to my PC. As I was using my PC, I just realized that I store so much personal...